FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bookmarking on Samsung C series

<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Bookmarking on Samsung C series

Mayki wrote:So I rejoiced prematurely, bookmarks, I suddenly stopped working, I did not change anything, one day it worked flawlessly, the other day that it does not work at all. Any idea? :idea: Serviio 0.5.1. Samsung TV UE40C6620.
  Code:
Takže jsem se radoval předčasně, záložky mi z ničeho nic přestaly fungovat, nic jsem neměnil, jeden den to fungovalo bezchybně, druhý den to už nefunguje vůbec. Nějaký nápad?

Any idea if something in your setup changed? E.g. new TV firmware, different network setup, new Serviio version.
<<

zaphod7501

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:08 pm

My Samsung C5500 BD player has never been auto-identified. It works just fine after selecting the C-Series profile, however.
Others have mentioned that theirs was not autodetected either, that's why I mentioned it as a possibility.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:26 pm

zaphod7501 wrote:My Samsung C5500 BD player has never been auto-identified. It works just fine after selecting the C-Series profile, however.
Others have mentioned that theirs was not autodetected either, that's why I mentioned it as a possibility.

ah what version of serviio are u running, i know there was a bug in one of the version that the BD was not detected but i thought we had fixed that, will check today, but no its not that that is the issue with resume its because the renderer suddenly stop sending a request when the file is stopped and this is why then when u restart that file resume is not shown.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zaphod7501

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:05 pm

I started with 0.4.2 then 0.5 now 0.5.1
BD Firmware 1015.4, not the latest. I hesitate to upgrade since everything works now.
That is why I didn't post any complaints about auto-detection, figuring it might be a firmware issue, making it my problem, not yours.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:50 pm

zaphod7501 wrote:I started with 0.4.2 then 0.5 now 0.5.1
BD Firmware 1015.4, not the latest. I hesitate to upgrade since everything works now.
That is why I didn't post any complaints about auto-detection, figuring it might be a firmware issue, making it my problem, not yours.

running with an old fireware is never a wise thing to do, i wouls suggest updating it.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Cerberus wrote:

running with an old fireware is never a wise thing to do, i wouls suggest updating it.

Unless the upgrade breaks something of course :-)
<<

sohail579

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:13 pm

zip wrote:
Cerberus wrote:

Unless the upgrade breaks something of course :-)

I have a PS63C7000 Plasma and the resume doesnt work for me either neither do the forward and rewind buttons as i have mentiond in a post earlier..

what i want to say is i used to upgrade firmware all the time when a new one would come out but now i dont as some upgrades break more than they fix so what i would say to you is if its not broken dont fix it!! if all is well in your current firmware think twice before you decide to upgrade
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Sorry but i have to disagree with that as a network engineer of a large datacentre in the uk i would never ever ever advise a customer to ignore an update as they cause leave themselve open to bad things, yes not all updates work exactly as planned BUT never ignore them EVER...
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

sohail579

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 am

my motto is if it isnt broken dont fix it!!

Some GOOD news i have managed to get the resume feature working however the forward and rewind buttons still dont work

all i did was in the serviio console i deleted all devices from the device list then clicked save after this i found that the resume feature started to work

can a few users check if this works for you??
<<

fireyone

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:40 am

sohail579 wrote:my motto is if it isnt broken dont fix it!!

Some GOOD news i have managed to get the resume feature working however the forward and rewind buttons still dont work

all i did was in the serviio console i deleted all devices from the device list then clicked save after this i found that the resume feature started to work

I did what you said, but resume still does not work. Maybe you could go by step by step what you did to make sure there was no critical point missed?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:42 pm

______ UPDATE ______

For some reason bookmark have stopped working or work erracticly and at the moment the serviio team have no idea why, we are working to get this sorted and will post back here once we fix this, if you find you can get bookmarks working consistantly and can explain exactly how you made this work then please post, otherwise you will just need to wait till its sorted. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zaphod7501

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Still no "Resume" AFAIK but it did solve my auto-detect issue.
It now is identified as a Samsung device with the appropriate profile entered.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:48 pm

zaphod7501 wrote:Still no "Resume" AFAIK but it did solve my auto-detect issue.
It now is identified as a Samsung device with the appropriate profile entered.

Damn zaphod did you even read my last point this thread has nothing to do with identified devices please dont take topic off track and read all posts before you say it doesnt work as i just seconds ago posted ask ppl to ONLY post when it works so we can work out why it worked, otherwise i spend my time reading posts and not helping ZIP fix the damn problem..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

sohail579

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:09 pm

fireyone wrote:

I did what you said, but resume still does not work. Maybe you could go by step by step what you did to make sure there was no critical point missed?

Sure all i did was

1. clicked a device in the list
2. clicked remove
3. repeat steps 1 & 2 for all the devices
4. clicked save
5. clicked refresh
6. closed the console

and hey presto it worked

Hope this helps someone!!
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:12 pm

sohail579 wrote:
fireyone wrote:

Sure all i did was

1. clicked a device in the list
2. clicked remove
3. repeat steps 1 & 2 for all the devices
4. clicked save
5. clicked refresh
6. closed the console

and hey presto it worked

Hope this helps someone!!

This will NOT work as there is no fix for this issue in the current version. As code changes are needed to make it work.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

zip

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:23 pm

It looks like it works intermittently for some reason. Working on a proper fix.
<<

zip

Post Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 pm

This has now been fixed and is with beta testers for 0.5.2.

Closing this thread.
Previous

Return to Samsung