FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video "file not supported"

<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:22 pm

Video "file not supported"

I have alot of HD home videos which I'd like to stream to my Samsung UE55ES7000 TV. While the TV can see my Serviio server, whenever I try to play back any of the video files I get the error "file is not supported". I have the Samsung TV configured as a Samsung E Series device in Serviio, which is running on a Windows 2008 Server.

An example of the codec of one of the files is below (from MediaInfo):
AVI (OpenDML) (DVCPRO): 3.33GiB, 15mn 43s
Overall bit rate: 30.3 Mbps
1 video stream: DV (Sony)
1 audio stream: PCM
First video stream: 24.4Mbps, 720*576 (4:3), at 25.000fps, DV (Sony) (PAL) (DVCPRO)
First audio stream: 1 411.2Kbps, 44.1KHz, 16 bits, 2 channels, PCM (Little / Signed)

Any idea why my Serviio server/TV are unable to handle files like this?
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Re: Video "file not supported"

if you select other samsung profiles, what happens?
you need to force transcoding of that file
<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:26 pm

Iveky wrote:if you select other samsung profiles, what happens?
you need to force transcoding of that file

I tried all 4 of the Samsung profiles available, but got the same result with each. How do I force transcoding?
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:29 pm

try "Sony AV receiver" profile?
<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Iveky wrote:try "Sony AV receiver" profile?

If I try the Sony AV Receiver profile I get "This file format is not supported. Video Codec DVVIDEO"
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:40 pm

try this profile, i modified it to transcode everything:
  Code:
   <Profile id="LGandroid" name="LG Android Phone" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <User-Agent>(.*PHONE.*)|(.*ANDROID.*)</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <DeviceDescription>
         <FriendlyName>Serviio 1.4 for LG Phone</FriendlyName>
         <ModelName>LG Android</ModelName>
         <Manufacturer>LG</Manufacturer>
      </DeviceDescription>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_LPCM</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg">MP3</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" maxVBitrate="17000" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" DAR="16:9" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="*" />            
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mp3">
            <!-- Convert everything to mp3 -->
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" maxVBitrate="17000" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" DAR="16:9" forceInheritance="true">
         </Video>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
   </Profile>
<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:23 am

Iveky wrote:try this profile, i modified it to transcode everything:
  Code:
   <Profile id="LGandroid" name="LG Android Phone" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <User-Agent>(.*PHONE.*)|(.*ANDROID.*)</User-Agent>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <DeviceDescription>
         <FriendlyName>Serviio 1.4 for LG Phone</FriendlyName>
         <ModelName>LG Android</ModelName>
         <Manufacturer>LG</Manufacturer>
      </DeviceDescription>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">AVC_MP4_LPCM</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4">MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg">MP3</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mp3">
            <!-- Convert everything to mp3 -->
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <OnlineTranscoding>
         </Video>
      </OnlineTranscoding>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
   </Profile>

Thanks. I appended this to the config file in C:\Program Files\Serviio\config, but even after restarting the Serviio service and server I don't see it listed in the dropdown in the Serviio console. Should I have edited a different file?
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:16 pm

profiles.xml
be careful when editing, serviio wont start if you edit it wrong

Sent from my LG-E440 using Tapatalk 2
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:17 pm

always make backup copy

<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm pretty sure I got the editing right (I'm a former software developer) - I inserted the new profile element just before the final </Profiles> tag. The new LGAndroid profile still doesn't show up in the dropdown list though
???
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:30 pm

Look at the DEBUG log for any errors.
<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:53 pm

jhb50 wrote:Look at the DEBUG log for any errors.

Thanks - I looked at the log and the profile was a duplicate of an existing one. That issue is now resolved, and I've now assigned the new profile to the Samsung TV.

Now I have the problem that many of my videos won't play back without stopping and buffering every few secoonds (this is over a cabled gigabit network). An example of one of the files which won't stream smoothly is below:

MPEG-4 (Base Media/Version 2): 1.48Gb, 28min 58s
1 video stream: AVC, 2 audio streams: AAC/AC-3
Overall bitrate: 7.325Kbps
First video stream: 6 937 Kbps, 720*576 (4:3) AT 25.000FPS, avc (PAL) (High@L4.1) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)
First audio stream: 160kbps, 32.0KHz 2 channels, AAC (LC)
Second audio stream: 224 Kbps, 32.0KHz 16 bits, 2 channels, AC-3

Does this look like the sort of file that Serviio should be able to stream to the Samsung TV?
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:51 pm

this added profile isnt permanent solution, it was intended to solve 'file not supported' ones, dont?

your permanent solution is to use origin EF profile, and only add changes in it, that you discover this way, for example.

also let us know what you changed... i asked people many times to make team work on EF profile for Samsung tv.

<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:37 am

Now its probably waiting for your cpu to transcode. Look at your cpu utilization while playing.
<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 pm

One step forward, one step backward....

When I was playing these files yesterday I was using Bubble UPnP as the media controller (on a Samsung Galaxy S4) - playing videos stored on a NAS to the Samsung TV. For some reason these all started playing fine last night (with no stops for buffering). This morning (with no change to the setup) it's an entirely different story:

1. When I try to play any of the same videos that I was playing yesterday using the same Bubble UPnP media controller I get the "selected file is not currently supported" message on the TV. If I use the TV GUI to browse to exactly the same file however it will play back fine. Why should this be? I'm keen to use Bubble UPnP (or something similar) as the media controller if possible as it allows the ability to rewind/fast forward/skip through the video during playback, and it's also a much quicker way of navigating longer lists of files/folders.

2. When using the TV GUI to browse the folders the first time I open one of the video folders it usually shows it as empty, then pops up a message saying "Device is disconnected". If I then re-try it I can see the folder contents fine. Is this a known issue?
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:10 pm

case #1:
using 'buble' your files goes grom server to router then to your wifi device, back to router then finaly to TV...
if this is case, even wireles N and gigabit network will have something to cope with... change it.
case #2:
not normal
<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Iveky wrote:case #1:
using 'buble' your files goes grom server to router then to your wifi device, back to router then finaly to TV...
if this is case, even wireles N and gigabit network will have something to cope with... change it.
l

I can see why that might cause a performance problem, but why would it tell me that the file isn't supported today when it played back fine using the same method yesterday??
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 pm

dont know, are you sure same profiles are selected today as were yesterday?
<<

itm

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:04 pm

Iveky wrote:dont know, are you sure same profiles are selected today as were yesterday?

Yes - I literally played the files last thing last night, then when I tried again first thing this morning the same files wouldn't play. In the meantime I didn't log into the Serviio server, but I've just noticed that when I click the "show status" button on the library screen in the console it is checking for new files (and has stayed at that status for quite a while). Earlier in the evening yesterday I did add one video folder to the library. Could it still be updating/refreshing itself, and could that in turn be causing the "file not supported" problem? (e.g. the Serviio server being too busy to decode/stream the files?)
<<

Iveky

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:29 pm

whole night should be enugh for any library to build...
don't know what is causing your problems, enable full loging and check messages about specific file...
Next

Return to Samsung