FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

probleme with serviio et tv samsung

<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:13 pm

probleme with serviio et tv samsung

Hello,
i have a little problem with the servio and my samsung 19 year tv. since i changed operator to go to free, i am having difficulty dropping out with servio.
let me explain. my tv sees servio but when the servio launches and cuts almost immediately. I have to try to restart it 2 to 3 times and after that it works without problem. I think I know a problem with opening a port. I learned that with free we share the same ip but not the same port opening range. can you tell me which port needs servio normally.
I can open that from 17xxx to 32xxx it is the range which is allotted to me by free.
Thank you very much for your help.
cordially.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:35 pm

Re: probleme with serviio et tv samsung

Serviio is accessed on your local network via uPNP. UDP port 1900 is used for the uPNP broadcast, and should be the only port on the Serviio computer that needs to be open for DLNA clients to reach Serviio. To access the console you need port 23423, and MediaBrowser uses 23424. If you are using the Serviio computer to access the console, then the port doesn't need to be opened, as the local computer has access to itself.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:02 pm

hello thank you for your quick response.
as I understand it the only port is the 1900 udp for upnp. is it possible to change this port? because my free provider does not give me access to this port 1900. my range starts around 17xxx is 36xxx.
I have to ask for a full stack IP to have access to all ports.
Thank you for your help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:38 pm

No, I don't believe the port can be changed, at least not without having some serious Java skills. And changing that port may still not make it visible to your TV, since the TV is expecting that particular port for such content.

Now, I'm not talking about opening a port on your Internet router. The port I'm referring to is on the computer that Serviio uses. No port is required to be opened on a router for uPNP devices that are used within the home network. Now, if your router is not providing open access to the connected devices on your network, that's a different issue, and the easiest solution is to use your own router within your network, between your Internet router and your network. That sounds a little complicated, and in fact it is. But you may need to isolate your home network from the ISP's router. Sometimes that isolation can be accomplished by using a standalone Ethernet switch to connect your networked devices, and then connect the switch to the Internet router with only one cable. But if you need WiFi access, then setting up your own router inside the ISP's router is the simplest way to isolate the network.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

jocker50

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:56 pm

hello, thank you for your answer, I look on the settings of the router of my free provider. Kind regards.

Return to Samsung