FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New computer. Servvio doesn't work anymore.

<<

sadistic

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:14 am

Ok never had problems before with my old computer. Maybe the odd audio codec not working but it worked pretty well.

Now since upgrading to a new way better PC servvio is awful,
Problems -
It can take ages to start a film or episode .
If I watch one episode/film the next one will make my Samsung tv reset ( turn off then restart) that never happened before but now it happens all the time now :/
I have noticed some films seems to be pretty jittery with audio problems or picture problems

Any ideas what is causing this? It's really frustrating.

Samsung tv UE40D5520RKXXU

PC
Intel i5-4690k 3.50GHz
16gb ram
GeForce gtx 660
Msi ms-7850
250gb solid state drive
1tb hard drive
Windows 7
100mb internet connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:29 am

Re: New computer. Servvio doesn't work anymore.

Are you certain you have the correct profile selected in the Serviio console?

Are you certain there's no network issues? I've been having issues with my set and Netflix reaching HD or higher resolution. I reset the TV (powered off for over a minute by unplugging it) and also rebooted my DSL router. After that I was able to get and keep 4K video streams on everything that had been acting up.

Is there anything running in the background on your new PC that might be interfering with Serviio? Unless you built it yourself, many (most) new computers have lots of junk installed and running by default. Run the application MSCONFIG and see what's listed in the startup tab (assuming Windows version older than 10: for Windows 10 it's in the Task Manager).
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sadistic

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:07 pm

Yes it's definitely the correct profile. I only have my Samsung tv selected.

I have tried a different Ethernet cable from my tv to my router and it's still reboots my tv. I can't think of any other network issue unless it's my flat mate also using the same connection. But I'm pretty sure it happens when he's not using it

then again he might be downloading or uploading. His computer is on all the time like mine

The only other thing I have that is different is bit defender anti virus

It's the rebooting my tv that is the most baffling. It happens all the time now. I will manage to watch a tv episode then the next thing I decide to watch it takes ages to load then reboots. Also this can happen if I try to fast forward to another scene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:14 pm

Re: New computer. Servvio doesn't work anymore.

Perhaps as a test you might install Plex and see if the TV still reboots. If it does, then it's something with the TV's DLNA client being strange.

Older versions of Plex did not enable DLNA functionality by default, but I believe the latest versions do.

You certainly have plenty of computer power. Is your wired network Gigabit?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung