FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio in constant load state

<<

kurto

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:19 am

Serviio in constant load state

Have a Samsung TV that has run serviio just fine for years and Win 10. Suddenly one day it will not load. There were no changes on the pc or tv that would have triggered this. It shows up on tv but just loads and loads. Initially I thought it was a recent auto update on my router. I fooled around rolling back drivers on that and then ultimately bought a new router. Still same problem.

However, my Ipad will still play movies via serviioo. At a total loss now and any ideas would be MUCH appreciated!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Re: Serviio in constant load state

Just a guess, but Samsung probably released a firmware update that broke something on their side. I gave up on using the Samsung interface a long time ago. Instead, I use either a Roku or Nvidia Shield. Samsung puts very little effort in their DLNA player, and it seems to get worse over the years. Sony has done the same thing in their Blu Ray players. Earlier BD players would bitstream both Dolby TrueHD and DTS-Master Audio, and later players will only do TrueHD.

If you haven't done a complete reboot of the TV (not just turning it off and on) you might try that. Pull the power cord for 30 seconds.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

kurto

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:42 am

Re: Serviio in constant load state

Thanks for the response. I suspect you could be right that it was a samsung firmware issue. I've had no luck in being able to rollback the firware (seems as if Samsung prevents this). I did try a hard reset again as you suggested with no change. I just hate to have to buy another piece of hardware just to be able to stream from my computer. Very annoying as Samsung is supposed to be one of the 'good' brands

Return to Samsung