FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UN65HU9000F File Listing Display

<<

enj

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:42 pm

UN65HU9000F File Listing Display

I am a Newbie ... I have accomplished the following but have a couple of problems... I have searched the Forum but cannot find (perhaps I don't know correct terminology) to relate to the issue I am having...

TV: Samsung UN65HU9000F Computer: Windows 10 - all machines have the latest software updates...

1. I have a single directory with multiple Movie Sub-directories...
2. In each Movie Sub-Directory There is a VIDEO_TS Directory containing multiple files (.BUP, .VOB, and .IFO)...
3. Using VLC Media Player the movies work fine on the computer ... including menu options, etc. ... so I don't think the Problem lies there...

4. I have installed SERVIIO Pro...
5. I pointed it to the MASTER directory e:\Movies and it went through the indexing... around 2,700+ files...
6. i can see the SERVIIO Service on the TV (UN65HU9000F), with no problem... (including Starting and Stopping the Service)...

HOWEVER:
7. The display of movies on the TV have an icon for each of the MANY Files within each Movie Video Directory...
8. This makes it impossible to see any orderly arrangement OR to know which icon to use to initiate the Movie...
9. If by chance I get the proper file with the Move Options (PLAY, SETUP, etc...) you are NOT allow you to select any of the Options...

ACTIONS So FAR:
10. I have manipulated the "Presentation" Options on the Serviio Console 1.5.2 but HAVE NOT been able to resolve the problem...
11. Changing some of the Display Options DO Affect the display on the TV but DO NOT resolve the multiple Icon or Menu Problems...

Any suggestion would definitely be appreciate...
Thanks in advance...
Ed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:48 am

Re: UN65HU9000F File Listing Display

I think this is being addressed in the next version, but I'm not certain. Version 1.6 is almost ready for release, so you might wait a bit to see if that resolves it.

Is there some particular reason you retain all the other files? The .VOB file is all that's really necessary for playback.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

enj

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks for the input on v 1.6...

I didn't realize you just needed the VOB files... I thought the menu options were included in the other files...
I will do some experimenting and see how it works out...

Thanks again...
Ed
<<

enj

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:08 pm

I've deleted all except VOB Files in a test directory...
The problems is there is no way to control the VOICE OVER Narrative...
I've checked each VOB file individually and it is still present...

Any suggestions ...?

Thanks
Ed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:09 pm

enj wrote:I've deleted all except VOB Files in a test directory...
The problems is there is no way to control the VOICE OVER Narrative...
I've checked each VOB file individually and it is still present...

Any suggestions ...?

Thanks
Ed

I assume you are talking about the audio track with either commentary or descriptive services for the vision impaired. The audio tracks are contained within the VOB file, so the other files should have nothing to do with that. You should be able to select different audio tracks from a menu on the TV. If the file requires transcoding (I don't know if the HU supports VOB files), then only one audio track is used, and it's the first one found. If it's the talking track, that's what you're stuck with.

Try the audio track selector on the TV while the video is playing. It's not in the audio section of the main TV menu. I forget where it is on the HU, but on my JU it's a gear icon on the playback bar on the right side of the screen that appears when you press the OK button during playback.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

enj

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:05 pm

You assume correctly... :-)
I went to the "Audio Language" Option and on Language 1 you get English + Narrative...
Language 2 & 3 are other languages...
Language 4 is English with NO Narrative... seems like it shouldn't be necessary to select this for every Movie played...!

Thanks for the input...

Even removing all but VOB files you still get multiple Icons in the Menu System...
Is there any work around...?
Do you have any idea when 1.6 will be released and if it will address the issue...?
This looks like the best Software Option available for this application... so I'm going to pay the $$$ for the Pro Version...

Again, thanks for your input...
Ed
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:09 am

enj wrote:You assume correctly... :-)
I went to the "Audio Language" Option and on Language 1 you get English + Narrative...
Language 2 & 3 are other languages...
Language 4 is English with NO Narrative... seems like it shouldn't be necessary to select this for every Movie played...!

Thanks for the input...

Even removing all but VOB files you still get multiple Icons in the Menu System...
Is there any work around...?
Do you have any idea when 1.6 will be released and if it will address the issue...?
This looks like the best Software Option available for this application... so I'm going to pay the $$$ for the Pro Version...

Again, thanks for your input...
Ed

I would guess that unless something serious appears 1.6 should be out quite soon. As far as it resolving the issue, I can't say. I know he's added something about merging multiple files for a single video. Don't know if that affects your problem. It does seem weird to have multiple icons with only a single file. I'm wondering it Serviio is reading files in your Recycle Bin.

I wonder if whatever software you are using to create the VOB file is changing the default audio track. The commentary tracks are usually not the first track.
Dan

<<

enj

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:50 pm

I don't think it is the software I am using "1Click DVD Copy Pro" because all the files work fine when useing VLC or Wimdows Media to play them...
It must be something that's not obvious...

Thanks for you input...
Ed

Return to Samsung