FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Samsung Series 6 Subtitles Problem

<<

JogyNo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:51 pm

Samsung Series 6 Subtitles Problem

Hello,

I really appreciate work you have put into this amazing software, absolutely love it.

Here is my problem: when I play a movie (using Serviio server) with an external subtitle file in the same folder with the same file name (movie-name.srt), no subtitles are displayed.
The same subtitle file works just fine when the movie is played in PC using VLC player. I have tried all coding options (ANSI, Unicode and UTF-8).

Here are my console settings:
- enable subtitles - enabled
- subtitles character encoding - tried both - enabled and disabled
- burned-in subtitles - disabled

I have tried the Burned-in subtitles option, works well, but my old laptop was overheating because of the trancoding power requirements, so that is not a viable option for now...

I am attaching .log files. The sorter is relevant to the problem (in my opinion), the longer (_full.log) is so long, I have no idea why (I changed the "DEBUG" option at 19 oclock).

I am so thankful for any advice. Love this awesome software and would love to be able to enjoy movies with subtitles using it, so I do not have to copy the movie onto the external USB device.

I was searching the forum for the similar problem, but have not found anything relevant to the Series6.

And sorry for my english, it is not my native language as you can tell... ;)
Thanks in advance,
Adam
Attachments
serviio.log
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
serviio_full.log
(224.66 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
<<

JogyNo

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:38 pm

Re: Samsung Series 6 Subtitles Problem

<<

JogyNo

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Re: Samsung Series 6 Subtitles Problem

Aslo, needed to enable UPnP to avoid random crashing (TV disconected from network).

Return to Samsung