FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Figuring out default folder on Samsung TV

<<

tkhayes

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:38 pm

Figuring out default folder on Samsung TV

New to Serviio. Set up the program with all the defaults.

Added one single folder to share C:\Users\Public\Photos\Bullentin

On Samsung WiFi connected TV, I choose Input>>Serviio>>Photos>>

But I then still have to drill down thru several other options on the TV, Albums/Online/Folder/etc to get to the folder I want to display

If I only have one shared folder, why so many options on the TV? Is there a way to remove all the other 'junk' so when I choose the Serviio as the TV input, I pretty much go straight to the shared folder?

thanks everyone

TK Hayes
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:33 am

Re: Figuring out default folder on Samsung TV

Open the Serviio console, then click Presentation. By default every category is enabled. Disable every one you're not interested in.

You might consider keeping a few of them, such as random music and playlists. Depending on the amount of media you have, playlists are a great way to group files together that you might like to play in a certain order, or perhaps specific artists or other grouping. With playlists, you have complete control of what is contained and the order listed. You can find free software for creating playlists. I recommend using the .pls format, as it just seems to work better for me.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung