FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

iTunes Movie

<<

Fannie Fu

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:25 am

iTunes Movie

I used Serviio for a long time. Before a week ago, I usually use Serviio to watch iTunes movies on my Samsung TV after removing the DRM. I know all the iTunes movies are DRM-ed but personal viewing is usually fine. What I used is the free tool Requiem. However, now it crashes on my computer, which runs Windows 10 and 64 bits. So is there any other methods to play iTunes movies on Samsung with Serviio?

Really thanks for your help!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:40 am

Re: iTunes Movie

As you note, you can't play an iTunes movie without removing the DRM. If Requiem is no longer working on your computer, I would first contact them to see if they have a new version for Win 10. Beyond that, this isn't the place to discuss removing DRM from your media. Not certain if the Serviio forum rules forbid discussing it, but many do. As far as other potential products, a web search would most likely turn up any alternatives.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

JonesSheeran

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:48 am

There may be two solutions for you to fix this issue:
the first one is to contact the free tool requiem team asking if they can fix this problem. if you are able to refine that software then you will be able to use the free tool requiem again.
in case of your free tool requiem can't be fixed, I think if you still want to remove the DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows, you will have to choose another DRM removal. Actually you have lots of options on the internet, and some of them are pretty good. I also use DRM removal to remove it from iTunes movies. The one I am using is TuneFab iTunes M4V Converter. it is a pretty good one supporting removing DRM from iTunes M4V videos and convert them into MP4, after converting the M4V into MP4, I can transfer them into any other non-Apple devices for free playback. If you are converned about the quality loss, no need to worry, the conversion is lossless. Maybe you can download the trial version to have a try.
<<

Torence

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:12 am

To play iTunes movies on Samsung devices, my option is to use DRM removal software-DRM Media Converter. It is a program for us to convert DRM protected iTunes movies to non-DRM protected iTunes movies. It works at 30x faster speed to convert all videos losslessly. After conversion, you can play all iTunes videos on any devices without limitation. You can check more details about it on here. Hope this point is useful to you.
<<

robertplus

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am

Requiem DRM Remomoal is great, however, it does not update and it can't be used normally as usual.

Now, there are many iTunes DRM Removals that have the similar function as Requiem, you can choose the one you like. Here lists some:

Noteburner M4V Converter Plus (review)
Tune4mac iTunes Video Converter Platinum(info)
M4VGear DRM Media Converter
Tuneskit iTunes M4V Converter (review)

Looking for more tools like that? bookmark the ultimate list of DRM Removal applications.
<<

Kerryling

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:11 am

Yes, iTunes movies are protected by DRM technology and Requiem can remove DRM from iTunes movies and TV shows. But it discontinued for a log time. If you'd like to paly iTunes movies on Samsung Smart TV, you'd better to use DRM Converter for Mac to convert iTunes movies to Samsung compatible video format, like MP4 and then it's free to play and watch on Samsung smart TV on other TVs.
Please don't worry about the quality, it can keep 100% original video files.
<<

Lindaad

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 29, 2019 6:03 am

How could this be? I have been using Requiem, it works very well. I also saw an iTunes movie drm removal tool called Handbrake, you can give it a try.
Last edited by Lindaad on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 29, 2019 12:01 pm

Lindaad wrote:How could this be? I have been using Requiem, it works very well. I also saw an iTunes movie drm removal tool called Handbrake, you can give it a try.

Handbrake can not remove DRM from iTunes video. It has to be removed before Handbrake is used.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung