FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

files browsing with UA32EH4500 disconnects from serviio

<<

ufk

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:27 pm

files browsing with UA32EH4500 disconnects from serviio

hello I have serviio 1.9 pro installed on container-os alpha with rkt container, but that's not related to the problem.
when I change the source input of the tv to serviio, then I choose folders, then I have two directories, tv-shows and movies and inside i have directories for each tv show and movie. i can browse folder as long as then don't have any movie files there.

once I enter a directory with movie files in it, the samsung tv gets disconnected from serviio.

if I open kodi on my computer and connect to serviio to watch movies i can browse the files and play them properly,

the default profile that is chosen is "Samsung TV / player (E/F-series)".

I tried some other random profiles but the result is the same. I can't browse directories with files.

any information regarding the issue would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
<<

MegaMike

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:57 am

Re: files browsing with UA32EH4500 disconnects from serviio

ufk wrote:hello I have serviio 1.9 pro installed on container-os alpha with rkt container, but that's not related to the problem.
when I change the source input of the tv to serviio, then I choose folders, then I have two directories, tv-shows and movies and inside i have directories for each tv show and movie. i can browse folder as long as then don't have any movie files there.

once I enter a directory with movie files in it, the samsung tv gets disconnected from serviio.

if I open kodi on my computer and connect to serviio to watch movies i can browse the files and play them properly,

the default profile that is chosen is "Samsung TV / player (E/F-series)".

I tried some other random profiles but the result is the same. I can't browse directories with files.

any information regarding the issue would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Hello UFK,

I have the same problem with my Samsung (2010 model) TV. I do not have this problem solved either. However, I have a theory that maybe it's caused by having too many video files in one folder. I've tried to limit the number of videos in one folder to nine. Then, when you look on the TV, you will only see one page of files in the folder. My Samsung shows nine videos on one page. The more pages that I have the greater the problem. I'm curious to hear if this help you any.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:43 pm

My resolution is to never use the Samsung DLNA interface to access Serviio. Samsung just doesn't care much about DLNA, and their products shows it. Mine will absolutely not play any video that requires transcoding, and Zip has been unable to determine why. I much prefer using either my Blu Ray player or Roku. The Roku gives an almost Netflix-like user interface, although it only plays a few file types without transcoding. But it handles transcoded files fine.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

MegaMike

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:40 pm

atc98092 wrote:My resolution is to never use the Samsung DLNA interface to access Serviio. Samsung just doesn't care much about DLNA, and their products shows it. Mine will absolutely not play any video that requires transcoding, and Zip has been unable to determine why. I much prefer using either my Blu Ray player or Roku. The Roku gives an almost Netflix-like user interface, although it only plays a few file types without transcoding. But it handles transcoded files fine.

I would do the same but I have no other device to play through. I have no Blu Ray or Roku. Sad for me. :?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:53 am

You can get a Roku Stick or Amazon Fire TV Stick for $40 or less, although I recognize that even that sum might be tight for some people. Amazon has the Roku Express for $25 right now. I like the current Stick (3600R) because it's a quad core CPU and performs just as well as the Ultra or 4 with 1080p material. You just have to have a good wifi signal (preferably 5 GHz), since there's no way to connect a stick to Ethernet. The only issue for me with a Roku or Fire TV is the lack of support for MPEG-2 video, so those require transcoding. If all your video is H.264/MP4, then things are great.

I wish Samsung made a better effort with their DLNA support, because their TV products are quite good in most other respects. I think their change to the Tizen OS has something to do with it, but can't say for sure.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung