FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SOLVED - Samsung "please check your connection" disconnect

<<

Sheist!

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 am

SOLVED - Samsung "please check your connection" disconnect

This disconnection happens on any file after 3+ minutes.

I searched the forums and with Google until I found the solution suggestion from here: http://www.serviio.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21549

This device in the link is a different Samsung device, however.

SYMPTOM: Samsung H-series profile (or later) devices show "please check your connection" and stop play after playing anything longer than 3 minutes. (Serviio connection, however, stays connected.)

SOLUTION: edit the profiles.xml and remark out the "<DeviceDescription>" section to keep all files playing, and to resume play exactly where it last ended, instead of always starting over from the beginning with the generic profile.

EXAMPLE:

OLD:
<DeviceDescription>
<ExtraElements> &lt;sec:ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:ProductCap&gt; &lt;sec:X_ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:X_ProductCap&gt;
</ExtraElements>
</DeviceDescription>

NEW:
<!-- DeviceDescription -->
<!-- ExtraElements> &lt;sec:ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:ProductCap&gt; &lt;sec:X_ProductCap&gt;smi,DCM10,getMediaInfo.sec,getCaptionInfo.sec&lt;/sec:X_ProductCap&gt;
</ExtraElements -->
<!-- /DeviceDescription -->

I honestly do not know why this problem started when I installed and linked the same files to a 2nd laptop (i.e. Serviio server), since both had the same 1.9 release and the same stored files, and same viewing devices. But at least the solution WORKS!

:D :D :D
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Re: SOLVED - Samsung "please check your connection" disconne

Interesting solution. I noticed the Samsung J series profile does not contain that section. I am curious what model Samsung you were experiencing this with.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung