FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Empty folder from my mobile

<<

Remtech

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:42 am

Empty folder from my mobile

Hi

With my Samsung S6 phone and Galaxy tab S2. I see the server, The folder but it's all empty. From my Panasonic TV, all it's OK. Version 1.9.1 on Win 10 64 bits with ServiiDroid 3.5 in my mobile. Why??? UPNP is enable on my router

Thanks for your help
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 am

Re: Empty folder from my mobile

When a device connects to Serviio for the first time, Serviio attempts to determine the type of player and assign the correct profile for that player. However, with phones and tablets (and even some other players), identification is often inaccurate, and Serviio either assigned the wrong profile or just leaves it on the generic profile. The problem is that with the wrong profile, Serviio may not recognize your media as playable on that device and therefore shows no media. Serviio does not display media that is judged to be non-playable.

My S8 is shown as unrecognized in the Serviio console, and assigned the generic profile. The only network player I have on the phone is VLC, and it too shows empty lists under Titles and Playlists. However, under Movies and Folders I can see and play everything. So, look under Movies and/or Folders and see what you can find. If you aren't using VLC as your player you might give it a try.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:12 am

Re: Empty folder from my mobile

Oh, by the way, I overlooked one other great option for your Android devices. ServiiGo is an Android app designed specifically to work with Serviio. I have it as well, and it shows and plays everything. the one thing is I believe you have to have the Pro version of Serviio for it to connect properly. But it's a great player for your Android device.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung