FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New PC build and cant access serviio

<<

In The Works

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:40 pm

New PC build and cant access serviio

Greetings all. Been using serviiio for a few years now and thought I was pretty savy but this one has me stumped. Done tons of searching and trying diff things and nothing seems to work so i am turning to the experts.

Updated the C Drive on my media server and couldnt get old drive to clone to bigger drive without wanting to add stupid partitions so i ended up doing a clean install of windows.

Since reinstalling Serviio i have been unable to access it from any of my tv's. My tv still sees my old serviio on my old desktop but when i try to access the one on my media server computer is get the "requested action cannot be completed. Being returned to main screen" message.

I've gone as far as pull the serviio folder off the old harddrive and paste it onto this drive so it would have my old settings and i get the same thing.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attaching detailed log
Attachments
serviio.log
detailed log
(167.85 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:06 pm

Re: New PC build and cant access serviio

The only brand I've seen that keeps a list of DLNA servers is Sony. You can go into the settings and remove servers no longer available. If your TV isn't a Sony, you still might see if that's something that can be cleared.

When you reinstalled Windows, did your computer IP address change? Are you using a static IP address? (You really should). Any chance your computer has more than one network connection? Serviio can only bind to one connection, and if there's more than one it might be on the wrong one.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung