FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MP4's not working with .srt, and I am sure they used to.

<<

discosux

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:01 pm

MP4's not working with .srt, and I am sure they used to.

Hi,

I've got a D5000 TV and a little Windows XP home server running Serviio. I recently noticed, after a long time not watching any movie, that many of my movies give me a "codec not supported" error. Which is funny, as I am sure I watched a few of those before without any issues. After some WTF?'s I noticed that the only thing that seems to make movies go bonkers is an associated .srt file. I am really sure I used to be able to watch movies with subtitles, so something must have changed to Serviio or its settings. I keep it updated, so I bet it is the profiles.xml file. I remember putting a lot of effort in making it work one day, but I have no clue what I did back then. Any clue where I should start to look?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:58 am

Re: MP4's not working with .srt, and I am sure they used to.

First things first - what are your settings in Delivery, Subtitles in Serviio Console?
What profile are you using?

I remember putting a lot of effort in making it work one day..
In making what work - the subtitles?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

discosux

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 pm

Re: MP4's not working with .srt, and I am sure they used to.

Sorry for the late reply... my settings in Delivery, Subtitles:

All toggle boxes on, except the last one.
Character set: UTF

I guess these are the defaults, I didn't change a thing in the console.

About the profile: I can't really remember what I did and why, to be honest. I remember taking some lines from these forums and putting them in the right spot. The searching and figuring out what to do took a while, not the change itself. I did have some issues with audio dropping every 30 minutes, so that may have been the reason I was tweaking the file.

Return to Samsung