FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Old and Slow. I need help.

<<

Doc2436

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Old and Slow. I need help.

This probably shouldn't fall under NEW TOPIC but I'm at a loss. I have a Samsung MG3100 series TV. When I first installed Serviio the TV picked it up right away, now I don't see it on the list of devices.
How should I set it up.

I am really old and stupid when it comes to this but it worked so well for nearly 2 weeks.

What is the best way to set it up?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:36 pm

Re: Old and Slow. I need help.

Most likely your computer has changed its IP address, and either Serviio or the TV (or both) is still trying to use the old address. On the Serviio console, near the bottom of the Status tab, is a dropdown box that allows setting Serviio to auto-select the correct NIC/IP address, or manually choosing an available address. If you are not set on auto, Serviio could be using the wrong address.

Networking can be tricky if you don't have much knowledge in the area. It's best to assign a static IP address to your Serviio computer. You can find lots of web sites to assist with this. Then you should reboot the computer and check what IP address Serviio is using. If after doing that you are still having an issue, please copy your Serviio log and upload it here. Also please let us know what IP address your computer is using.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Samsung