FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem recognizing new content

<<

njose

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:48 am

Problem recognizing new content

Hello,
Newbie here, so I may be a bit long winded...
First let me apologize if this has already been answered. After searching the forums there seems to be lots of issues with the movie folder capturing the contents and keeping it current. But, I did not find any definite answers.
I recently installed Serviio 0.5.2 to on my Samsung 8000 to view the 16K pictures I have on my computer. From the start that worked like a champ or so I thought. :D

Problem #1.
I went to my TV>media>folders and there were the thumbnails...perfect, I was thrilled. The only initial drawback was it would not render my Canon RAW files, but that was understandable...future enhancement soon please. Later, I discovered that not all of my folders and pictures were added. Is there some kind of limit on the number of folders and/or files in a directory? I forced a refresh and still the other files would not show. They are there on the hard drive under the root directory d:\pictures….

Problem #2
With it somewhat working, I got adventurous and downloaded a movie; did some testing and added the local folder to the Serviio library (D:\movie\....). Once again pleasantly surprised the move showed up and it played perfectly (Green Hornet). All good up to now. I was thrilled again.
So, I got this thing working let's get to it. Over the following days I downloaded eight more movies hopping to watch them over the weekend. Went to the TV>media>movies>folders....NOTHING THERE. Not even the Green Hornet which I saw a few days earlier. What happened?
Went to Serviio on the computer and tried:
forced refresh....no change;
removed the folder from the library and added it again…no change
uninstalled and reinstalled…guess what. The move appeared.

What next????
Is there a bug/problem once you setup Serviio with it recognizing new content? Are there any limits I should be aware of? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall periodicly…not desired?
After being so pleasantly surprised with how well Serviio works, I hope someone can shed some light on the matter.
My setup....
Serviio: 0.5.2
Renderer: Samsung TV 8000 C series 55 (wired)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Problem recognizing new content

Check the log file for a list of added files. It's possible that the TV has maximum items to be displayed (probably 1000) in one category.

Also make sure that when browsing for (let's say) videos, you select Video in your TV's menu, otherwise it'll filter out any content not belonging to the category.
<<

njose

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 am

Assuming there is a limit for now (will research), would that prevent Serviio from including the pics into its library? I’d like to make sure that Serviio does include them. I took a look at the log and could not see it adding those specific directories.

I am positive I selected videos. I did a Force Refresh and it found the missing video.

How does Force Refresh work anyway? That is, do I click on the path, say D:\pictures and then click Force Refresh? Or, does clicking Force Refresh refresh the entire library (pictures, movies, music)?
My setup....
<<

zip

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm

njose wrote:How does Force Refresh work anyway? That is, do I click on the path, say D:\pictures and then click Force Refresh? Or, does clicking Force Refresh refresh the entire library (pictures, movies, music)?

All folders. It does it automatically (if enabled), normally you should not need to click the button, unless you want to skip the time while it's waiting for a new scan.
<<

njose

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:48 pm

What about the first question.

Is there a limit on the Serviio library side? Why does the Serviio log stop? Does Serviio have limits to (number of folder or number of files in a folder? Does it know the limit for my Samsung TV?

My D:\pictures folder has about 24 subfolders and about 18K of jpg and raw files. I do have two of these folders that extend down 3 more folder layers. And, some of those folders have 300 files.
My setup....
<<

zip

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:00 pm

there is no limit on number of files. Make sure you selected Image type for the shared folders.
<<

njose

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:20 am

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Yes, you were correct. In the owner’s manual, page 38, about half way down it says "If the files are sorted by Basic View, up to 1,000 files can be displayed in each folder. So, I guess I'm stuck.

Thanks for all the help.

Serviio....the best.
My setup....

Return to Samsung