FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fast Forward, Double Language

<<

Craphead

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:17 pm

Fast Forward, Double Language

Hello thar,

as i've read in other threads within the Samsung forum, fast forward actually should be possible. I'm streaming my movies (mostly 720p mkv's) from my PC via Wifi to my Samsung LE40C750 and i actually can fast forward by pressing the > button, but the problem here is that it will only skip a chunk of say 20 seconds, then it takes several seconds to resume playback, and THEN i can skip another 20 seconds and so on. Is it not possible to fast forward continuously to the desired point without resuming playback after each chunk? Because this way, the FFW function is actually useless to me as it would take ages to fast forward more than just a few minutes.

Also, a lot of the movies i'm watching have two languages tracks. How can i choose between them? Normally when playing such files from a USB device, i can choose between the languages in the TV's menu, but not so when streaming them it seems? That option then just doesnt show up in the menu.

By the way i've just donated since i think that this is a GREAT alternative to that piece of crap called Samsung Share Manager which totally didnt work for me... keep it up!
<<

Craphead

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Re: Fast Forward, Double Language

come on, i cant believe i am the only one who has these problems?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: Fast Forward, Double Language

Craphead wrote:Hello thar,

as i've read in other threads within the Samsung forum, fast forward actually should be possible. I'm streaming my movies (mostly 720p mkv's) from my PC via Wifi to my Samsung LE40C750 and i actually can fast forward by pressing the > button, but the problem here is that it will only skip a chunk of say 20 seconds, then it takes several seconds to resume playback, and THEN i can skip another 20 seconds and so on. Is it not possible to fast forward continuously to the desired point without resuming playback after each chunk? Because this way, the FFW function is actually useless to me as it would take ages to fast forward more than just a few minutes.

hold button rather than press and chunks get bigger and bigger

Also, a lot of the movies i'm watching have two languages tracks. How can i choose between them? Normally when playing such files from a USB device, i can choose between the languages in the TV's menu, but not so when streaming them it seems? That option then just doesnt show up in the menu.

language select is not possible over dlna on Samsung C series units, seems it work on D series but that is unconfirmed.

come on, i cant believe i am the only one who has these problems?

if you use the search box at top of page you would have got your answer alot faster ;)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Samsung