Concerning ffw, rew and jumpto in certain mkv-files.
I have tried to pinpoint what in the files/headers that gives the players such a hard time.
We hear that remuxing with mkvtoolnix 3.4.0 works, usually it does, but why. And why do some files work when they are muxed with later versions?
What I found was that chapters embedded in the mkv, was a problem, but not for all the files. So I took a look at the headers.
What all the problematic chapter embedded files had in common was an EbmlVoid size greater than 4010. (usually 4028).
Also the problem seems to occur when the Doc type version is later than 1, as it is for mkvtoolnix after 3.4.0.
Now I want you to check problem files, if they;
A: Contains chapters. And the Ebml size is greater than 4010.
B: If the file doesn't ffw and does not contain chapters, what is different in the header, compared to files that work.
If we can discern exactly why Samsung c-series barf at some mkvs it would be possible to write an application that fix it.
My player is Samsung BD C5900. I suppose this applies to all Samsung C-series dlna players.