FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Perfomance issue with MKV and Sony BD-S370

<<

plushgraffiti

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Perfomance issue with MKV and Sony BD-S370

Update on this: Tried with a standard network cable, video streamed perfectly. So I knew the BD player and Serviio were not at fault. I moved the PLC from one socket to another, tried again and BAM! Works perfectly. Seems quality from socket to socket really matters. Thanks for your assistance!

Hope this helps someone in the future!
<<

wdata

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:58 pm

patters wrote:For info - the Sony BDP profile included in Serviio 0.5 now remuxes all mkv files to m2ts by default so streaming is a lot easier over wifi. The only remaining issue is that FFMPEG can't seem to remux dts audio streams properly so they are transcoded to ac3 until that's fixed.

Do I understand correctly that in this case the subtitles are not supported anymore? ('cos they are not supported in M2TS files)
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:28 pm

@plushgraffiti - glad you got it working!

wdata wrote:Do I understand correctly that in this case the subtitles are not supported anymore? ('cos they are not supported in M2TS files)

They are supported, just disabled by default in favour of smoother streaming, since it's more important for most people. If you want sub support for mkv back, look in profiles.xml for the Sony BDP for your region and notice the comments. Delete the Matroska transcode lines from the transcoding section so it looks like this, then restart Serviio. It won't be much good unless you're on a wired connection...

Code:
      <Transcoding>
         <!-- remux container only, to minimize server CPU overhead and quality loss -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <!-- remux mp4 container files to mpeg-ts to allow seeking -->
            <!-- this also fixes the renderer's jerky playback of mov container files such as iPhone 4 HD video recordings -->
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" />
         </Video>
         <!-- unsupported codecs will be transcoded into mpeg-ts, mpeg2 video and ac3 audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <!-- digital camera video formats -->
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mjpeg" />
         </Video>
      </Transcoding>
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

xenoempathy

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 pm

Hi guys

I cant seem to get the subtitles to work when playing both avi and mkv file. i have read earlier post that seem to suggest that this shouldnt be the case but i am unable to solve it even when using the profile that Patters suggested in his earlier posting. What am i doing wrong? Please help!

Serviio - v0.5
Sony BD with the latest Feb 2011 firmware
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:50 pm

Are you sure you crrectly remove all MKV mathces, for EU version example, try this:
You have to restart Serviio Service to take the update into account:

Code:
<Profile id="10" name="Sony BD Player (EU)" extendsProfileId="1">
      <!-- European models only - check Serviio forums for profiles for other regions -->
      <Detection>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <X-AV-Client-Info>.*Blu-ray Disc Player.*</X-AV-Client-Info>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <!-- force DLNA profile names of supported formats -->
         <!-- e.g. though renderer should support wma, it only does so when disguised as mp3 -->
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg" name="MP3">WMA_BASE</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg" name="MP3">WMA_FULL</MediaFormatProfile>
         <!-- set mkv to divx mime-type to allow subtitle and multiple audio track support -->
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/divx">MATROSKA</MediaFormatProfile>
         <!-- for mp4 containers, set MPEG_PS_PAL DLNA profile -->
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">AVC_MP4_LPCM</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="MPEG_PS_PAL">MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD</MediaFormatProfile>
         <!-- for mpeg transport streams, set MPEG_TS_SD_EU DLNA profile -->
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_HD_50_LPCM_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">VC1_TS_AP_L1_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU">VC1_TS_AP_L2_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         <!-- remux container only, to minimize server CPU overhead and quality loss -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <!-- Sony BDP requests all formats except mpeg-ps and mpeg-ts in 32KB chunks which works badly over wifi -->
            <!-- remux mp4 container files to mpeg-ts to allow seeking -->
            <!-- this also fixes the renderer's jerky playback of mov container files such as iPhone 4 HD video recordings -->
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" />
         </Video>
         <!-- unsupported codecs will be transcoded into mpeg-ts, mpeg2 video and ac3 audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <!-- digital camera video formats -->
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mjpeg" />
         </Video>
      </Transcoding>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
   </Profile>
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

xenoempathy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:54 pm

Dear Illico

Thanks for your post. I tried it and now i cant play the most of the mkv files which i could previously. those files that i can play now - there is alot of stuttering, the sound is out of sync. i used back the original profile and its still the same... not sure whats happening..
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:25 pm

xenoempathy wrote:...those files that i can play now - there is a lot of stuttering, the sound is out of sync...

Are you over Wifi ?
xenoempathy wrote:I used back the original profile and its still the same... not sure whats happening

Do you restart serviio service after used back the original profile?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

xenoempathy

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:37 am

Yes, mine is streamed over wifi. i managed to reinstate the orginal profile after restarting the PC. Restarting serviio didnt work..

Using the orginal profile, i could see and play ALL mkv files over wifi without any stuttering issue. My problem was the inability to display subtitles and the different sound encoding on the TV. Playing the same mkv files using VLC player on the PC, i could access the different sound encoding and subtitles.

After making the changes to the profile, I couldnt access some* (alot of my files went missing on the BD player interface) of the files and i also encountered 'corrupted file' error when trying to play those remaining one that i could see on the interface.

I am sorry but what am i doing wrong here?
Previous

Return to Sony