FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

All Videos Invalid

<<

swifty

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:02 am

All Videos Invalid

Hello,
I got a BDP-S570 and I want to play videos form my computer over my wireless network.
I got Serviio (0.4.2) to register and the 570 is showing the directories.
Now, my problem is that the 570 says that every video is invalid or unplayable.
I checked around and I did update the profiles, but maybe I'm missing something.
I'll try again tomorrow with 0.5 to see if that changes anything
I am using the Generic DLNA Profile, but I did update the one for blue ray players (from the sony thread)

Thanks a bunch in advance
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:41 am

Re: All Videos Invalid

before u install 0.5 completely uninstall 0.4.2 and your sony will work great :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:32 am

That is not necessary, just run the installer, it'll update your DB. There are also now profiles for the players, so you should not need to hack profiles.xml too much ;-)
<<

swifty

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:02 pm

okay, so I updated serviio to 0.5 and now my folders are showing up.
But, the s570 still isn't seeing any of my videos as playable. I will enter a folder where the video resides, it will think before moving up a level and telling me "no playable files". i can get windows to serve the folders, but it does the same thing and the BD player refuses to recognize them. Others here have gotten this to work so it shouldn't be any different.
<<

swifty

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:04 am

...I guess what I'm askng is: Is my computer not sending the proper format IDs or does it have something to do with the wireless?
<<

zip

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:34 pm

Make sure you're using the right (EU/US) profile
<<

littlehair

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:57 pm

I am having the same issue to. I have tried both the US version of the Sony player in Serviio and the EU version. It is showing the folders on my hard drive but it says "no playable file". I am also streaming wirelessly.
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:37 pm

Did you leave time for the media to be added to the library? I notice that ffmpeg seems to lock up when trying to create thumbnails so I disable this in the Serviio console preferences (the Sony BDP can't display them anyway). Click save on that tab and restart Serviio. Did you check Windows Task Manager to see if there are ffmpeg.exe processes stuck at high CPU load?

You can also check the Serviio log to see if the media has been added to the library. It's a text file saved in the \log folder in the Serviio folder.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

Balisingh

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:55 am

I had the same problem and it turned out to be my silly mistake.
I am not sure if this is the same problem you guys are facing.

This is what happened to me.
I decided to add my BDP-S570 manually so

I typed in the IP address of my player.
They I typed in the 'Sony BD Player (US)' as the NAME of my DVD player.
There was no option for entering the Profile name so i assumed that Serviio will pick up the profile name automatically from the device name entered in the above step.

But Serviio defaulted to "Generic DLNA Profile" and I started getting "no playable file" for everything that was running earlier on 0.4.2 :(

Then I accidentally clicked on the Profile column and a drop down appeared that had all the different profiles, the drop down appears only if you click in the profile field there is no "down arrow" icon telling you that this filed has a pick list.

I then selected "Sony BD Player (US)" from the drop down list in the profile column and everything started working again :D

Thanks
Balisingh
Sony Bravia KDL-55NX810 | Sony BDP-S570 | Serviio 0.4.2
<<

swifty

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 am

A) Yes, I tested this over a period of time. And, I had no instances of FFmpeg open.

B) THAT WAS IT!!! Wow, that made no sense but that did it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Alright, now that I have most videos working, I need to figure out where to go from here.
There are still some that won't play, and I'm sure we haven't hit comprehensive yet, but can more progress be made?
Should I start a new thread for this?
<<

swifty

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:38 am

Also, I followed zip's guide to finding supported formats.
Everything went fine until I had to invoke the get protocol method.
Device spy is not displaying any such method.
All I can invoke is GetStatus and SendIRCC
<<

littlehair

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:47 pm

I was able to figure out what I was doing wrong too. I manually added my 570 player with a different IP address. I looked at the 'wired' setup on my player and saw that the IP address was different than what was listed in Serviio and then I went in my computer and opened up the proper port in my firewall that was listed on the FAQ section. Serviio had opened up TCP 23423 and the FAQ said I needed to open TCP 8895. After changing this, it works perfectly.

I did notice in the FAQ section that I need to open up TDP 1900. I do not know how to add that into my firewall through Win7. It is working, so I do not know if I want to keep messing with it.
<<

zip

Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:01 pm

It's UDP 1900 and it's most likely already open as it's used by Windows' own UPnP services.
<<

Robigus

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:11 pm

There is another possible solution to be found here viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1911

Return to Sony