FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Presentation Settings and Gen Q

<<

ac_carshop

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:56 am

Presentation Settings and Gen Q

Hello,

Thanks much for the new features in .5 (particularly the profile selection). Like many other Sony owners I have a BDP-S370 and it has presented its own challenges. Many of which fall directly at the doorstep of Sony. Of those challenges I'm hoping that some of the fine folks in this forum can provide some guidance.

1) In the menu of S370 I have separate categories for Photo, Music, and Video (see 'current menu' below). Is there a way to set Servio to "Display Content Only" based on the parent category on the player (see 'desired menu' below). It is kind of frustrating to see non functional audio and image folders in the video category.

2) Thumbnails - As per the FAQ (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1126&p=5340#p5344) this isn't supported for Audio/Video. If I've read the threads properly this is a SONY issue so I'll pose the question of if anyone has reliable information that this will be fixed via firmware (if that is the issue) or is it another "buy our latest hardware" exercises?

3) Deleted Libraries - I can delete a library out of Serviio and wait for a refresh or force one, cycle power on the player, and sometimes the content entries for the removed libraries will still show up. Any way to clear this?

Thanks again for your help and an awesome product.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:14 pm

Re: Presentation Settings and Gen Q

1) It's not possible ATM, although some users are looking at how to achieve this in a future version
3) Deleted files get propagated not so often. Can you let me know if you still see the removed files now? Are they actually files or just empty folders?
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:18 pm

2) It is fixable in firmware but Sony don't really care, they will only bugfix apparently, not introduce new "features". I suspect that this could be a bug though.
http://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/631520
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

ac_carshop

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Thanks Zip and Patters.

Return to Sony