FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio can see the telly but the telly cannot see Serviio?!

<<

8angy

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 am

Serviio can see the telly but the telly cannot see Serviio?!

Hello,

Please forgive me if i am missing a post on this forum that has expressed the same or a similar problem, but i have tried many searches and have read many posts and i am still not seeing a resolution. I feel i have tried everything, an yet the TV still does not see Serviio in the media tab!?

I have a Sony Bravia KDL-40R483B television connected to my Virgin Media router by an ethernet cable. My Mac is also connected to said router wirelessly. The IP address of these items are:

TV: 192.168.0.8
Router: 192.168.0.1
Mac: 192.168.0.4

The TV and Mac both have the same subnet mask 255.255.255 and i have manually adjusted the TV's IP address so that it remains static. I have also removed the firewall on the Mac so the ports are not restricted. I have allowed the TV to render devices with every function of the home network settings set to allow connectivity. I know that it is able to connect tot he router and internet via the television because we can access Youtube and Netflix, and because it says it is connected the internet on home network setup.

With Serviio installed on the Mac, i am able to view the Bravia television which displays a green light showing that it is connected. However, when i go to the television to look for Serviio in the media tab i cannot find it?

I have tried turning off the television, resetting the router, closing serviio and shutting down the Mac multiple times as instructed in many forum posts but it still does not register or display Serviio on the TV?

Its frustrating because i know i am probably missing the simplest little thing.

I really would appreciate any help that can be offered, i really want home networking :D !!

cheers
<<

NX3

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:06 am

Re: Serviio can see the telly but the telly cannot see Servi

This has come up a few times, its usually osx settings and firewall. So when you say it's off, what have you enabled port wise and what's off?
<<

NRB

Serviio lover

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:58 pm

Strangely my Sony Bravia KDL-32EX600 can no-longer connect to Serviio on my NAS. The same thing as yours is occurring - Serviio console on my laptop has a green ball next to the TV at its static IP or 10.1.1.9, however it can't connect to Serviio as the server is apparently down.

This only started a couple of days ago after working fine for the last couple of years. Could my TV have a problem? All my other devices can see and connect to everything, it's only the TV that has the problem.
<<

EidoUK

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:40 pm

NX3 wrote:This has come up a few times, its usually osx settings and firewall. So when you say it's off, what have you enabled port wise and what's off?

I have this problem with TV not recognising Serviio. I have set Windows firewall to let Serviio through, but still nothing. It worked fine until recently. My TV has had an update recently,,I dont know if that has contributed to the current problems?
<<

vin_petrol

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Posting here, mostly for the benefit of future users who may hit the problem I just did, who are likely to find this post by searching for similar search terms.

I changed my arrangements at home (deleted Homestream, switched to Serviio), and found I then could not find Serviio at all on my old Sony KDL-46NX723. I was completely sure the network was OK as a NEW television I had just recently added (another Sony Bravia) could see and use Serviio fine. Plus I had been using Homestream successfully for years (Sony’s ‘rebranded’ version of Serviio).

The problem turned out to be that there’s a maximum number of DLNA devices the KDL-46NX723 will display under “Media” (eight, perhaps?) As I have all sorts of devices around my house (e.g. android tablets running BubbleUPnP) I had hit this limit of visible devices so it would not show me the new Serviio server in that window, nor hint in any way at what the problem was. Most of these devices were defunct and just “dead links” anyway, so of no value (e.g. like the now pointless Homestream server).

I had to go to Settings/Home Network Setup/Server Display Settings and switch various devices to “No” saying not to display them in order to allow my new Serviio server to be displayed.

Everything then worked fine.

Return to Sony