FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Incorrect info re shared file folders

<<

Brian Mendes

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:04 pm

Incorrect info re shared file folders

Still cannot access downloaded videos filed in my new laptop using Serviio as the media player. I can see that Serviio lists 19 video files in my laptop that should be found under C:\users\briwl\downloads. My Sony TV media player screen displays 3 file names as well as SAMPLE but does not show the one required to show the 19 videos on file . These old file destinations were generated when I was using another laptop. and should not be displayed now. How can I get rid of them on the media player program so that I do not get message that they are EMPTY ? I have no problem entering the current user route on the shared folders( and deleted the 3 unwanted routes ) table but the correct one does not get displayed on the TV media player screen.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Re: Incorrect info re shared file folders

On rare occasions the database gets something messed up, and can display inaccurate information like this. Honestly, the easiest thing to do is uninstall Serviio, reboot the computer, make sure the folder C:\Program Files\Serviio is completely gone, then reinstall and set up from scratch. Depending on the size of your library, it shouldn't take too long to get everything back up and running.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Sony