FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio 1.5.1 Update Problem

<<

mattygriff

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Serviio 1.5.1 Update Problem

I have been running Serviio with few problems for a couple of years to stream video to my Sony KDL40V580 (UK) TV. I updated to the latest version 1.5.1 of Serviio at the end of last week, just running the update over my previously installed version as per the instructions for Windows PC, but last night, when I tried to watch a movie with my kids, it wouldn't work.

I could access Serviio from the TV and drill down into the individual TV or Movie folders but every one of them just said "There are no items to display". I have refreshed my library but to no avail. The TV is showing up in the list of renderers with a green light and the same Generic DNLA profile that was working fine previously so all seems well.

Have rebooted my PC, switched the TV off and back on at the wall, nothing. Very frustrating so would be grateful for any advice.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 pm

Re: Serviio 1.5.1 Update Problem

Can you see the movies under the Folder category? Can you see them in MediaBrowser?

Check your log for hints as to what is happening.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Themawnster

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi Mattygriff
I too installed the update as advised but due to a conflict with my firewall I had to uninstall it... once i resolved the firewall problem I then re-installed the new version but had exactly the problem described by you.. I then realised that I had selected the "add path" option in my library/shared folders and then typed in the path required, erroneously as it transpired. I removed that choice and clicked "add local" instead and then navigated to the folder where I store my media and saved that choice..immediately the library refreshed itself and began to add all of my media..working perfectly now thank goodness..Not sure if this is your problem but thought i'd let you know that it was as simple as a typo that caused the problem ...good luck in resolving
<<

mattygriff

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:44 pm

Thanks, Themawnster. Not sure what my issue was - don't think it was to do with my firewall as I didn't change anything there - but a full reinstall rather than update and it was OK.

Return to Sony