FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony KDL 48W605B cant find server

<<

bubsyboy

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:15 pm

Sony KDL 48W605B cant find server

Ive been racking through these forums trying to find out why I cant connect to serviio from my sony bravia

Yesterday it connected straight away, however today it wont have any of it no matter how long I leave my tv off for.

On the console it shows active for my tv and I have allowed the access on my firewall, I have also checked open the TPS port etc but something still isn't right

Any chance of a step by step guide from one of you know it alls, as you can probably tell im completely new to all this smart gear :)

any help is greatly appreciated

cheers
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:13 am

Re: Sony KDL 48W605B cant find server

Read Sony Bavia FAQ : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2396

Try this:
Q: Serviio icon not appearing
A: One cause I found recently for Serviio icon not appearing that had me stomped for a while with Sony Bravia was max number of servers on the TV. Had this problem when I added a new serving PC to the network. I was thinking firewall or something at the Serviio end initially.
Servers seem to be automatically detected and displayed to a max of 10 on Bravia. Servers may come and go on the LAN but it remembers the first 10. You can delete old servers that no longer exist or set servers manually to not display to allow the display of a new Serviio server.
Configuration on TV is in Network | Home Network Setup | Server Display Settings
<<

bubsyboy

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Illico wrote:Read Sony Bavia FAQ : viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2396

Try this:
Q: Serviio icon not appearing
A: One cause I found recently for Serviio icon not appearing that had me stomped for a while with Sony Bravia was max number of servers on the TV. Had this problem when I added a new serving PC to the network. I was thinking firewall or something at the Serviio end initially.
Servers seem to be automatically detected and displayed to a max of 10 on Bravia. Servers may come and go on the LAN but it remembers the first 10. You can delete old servers that no longer exist or set servers manually to not display to allow the display of a new Serviio server.
Configuration on TV is in Network | Home Network Setup | Server Display Settings

Thanks Illico I have tried this

Deleted all saved servers and updated list and it just finds my Windows media but not serviio
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Could you try to clear the device list on serviio console, save then restart serviio service or reboot PC?

Do you change something on your router (update,etc)? You can try to disable IPv6 support or try to play with UPNP, IGMP Proxy, IPV6 Multicast or IPV4 Multicast options

Return to Sony