Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:41 am

PS4 no longer sees files on NAS

Fantastic that Sony finally enabled a pretty good media player on the PS4 in the last week or so.

It initially worked flawlessly, with my NAS being detected and all my folders / files appearing.

Then it all went wrong.

My NAS said a new Java was available, but i didnt install it, as i know from before that the numbers have to match...

however i kept getting serviio cannot conect to server messages ..

In my infinite wisdom i did a reinstall of serviio and now its really in trouble.

If i install and omit the server option ( instaled on NAS) i get the serviio cannot connect to the server message.

If i reinstall and select the local (pc) server, the program runs, but dosent see the nas ... so i add the Dmoptions string and and attempt to link my nas

It used to be the top option, click the link, navigate to the folder, and all was good.

That only works some of the time, and not for all types of media.
if i use the manual method the path shows as /volume1/fims

it used to be / diskstation/films??

Now when i try and media stream using the PS4 the serviio server shows up - Serviio - Diskstation and my folders are there. but when i try to access the folders it says they are empty
Using local apps on my tablet wont connect via DNLA
but i have to wait for the workgroup to show up

Once the workgroup shows up i can see the folders and files , and stream from there.

Id rather the PS4 was streaming as opposed to my tablet ;)

I also installed Java 6 again as requested by the install just to be sure .

Any ideas