FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sony BDP-S370 European Version and Serviio 0.51

<<

rjk

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Sony BDP-S370 European Version and Serviio 0.51

Can someone please let me have a 0.51 profile for my European BDP-S370 that allows it to play DTS and subtitles on MKV files, like it could do with version 0.50. I wanted flac lossless support, so I updated, and, YES I have clicked the keep original audio in 'Transcoding'. I tried removing the relevant code in the profile, but that didn't work. DTS still plays as DD, and subtitles do not work. So, not only has this update removed functionality, it also means I have to wait 24 hours while the menu repopulates after the update. Thanks for that. I own Mezzmo, but serviio did exactly what I wanted with the correct profile, so I used it. This updated generic profile is poorly thought through. America isn't the only country in the world, you know, so why default to US settings for the profile?
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Sony BDP-S370 European Version and Serviio 0.51

rjk wrote:Can someone please let me have a 0.51 profile for my European BDP-S370 that allows it to play DTS and subtitles on MKV files, like it could do with version 0.50.

Do you read this new topic about Sony BDP 0.5.1 Profile version: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2004 ?

rjk wrote:I wanted flac lossless support, so I updated

This feature were tested, but could you confirm its OK?

rjk wrote:..., YES I have clicked the keep original audio in 'Transcoding'.

Confirm, that must be set to "keep original" for DTS support in native mkv format.

rjk wrote:I tried removing the relevant code in the profile, but that didn't work. DTS still plays as DD, and subtitles do not work.

Do you restart Serviio service?
You can also check the detailed logging file.
Try the profile above...

rjk wrote:So, not only has this update removed functionality, it also means I have to wait 24 hours while the menu repopulates after the update. Thanks for that.

No functionality were lost.
Sorry, but I'm betatester and also need to update my all library and never "twit" like this.
rjk wrote:I own Mezzmo, but serviio did exactly what I wanted with the correct profile, so I used it. This updated generic profile is poorly thought through.

Don't forget that serviio is free, and lots of guy especially Zip work for you.

rjk wrote: America isn't the only country in the world, you know, so why default to US settings for the profile?

I use Serviio with my EU Sony BDP too, and I do not feel attacked

Sorry for my poor english, I hope you understand me.
Regards

Code:
   <Profile id="10" name="Sony BD Player" extendsProfileId="1">
      <!-- Since Serviio 0.5.1 this profile is multiregion -->
      <Detection>
         <HttpHeaders>
            <X-AV-Client-Info>.*Blu-ray Disc Player.*</X-AV-Client-Info>
         </HttpHeaders>
      </Detection>
      <MediaFormatProfiles>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg" name="MP3">WMA_BASE</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/mpeg" name="MP3">WMA_FULL</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/divx">MATROSKA</MediaFormatProfile>
         <!-- To avoid needing region-specific profiles, avi must be set to mpeg mime type (US players require this) -->
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVI</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_720p_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVC_MP4_MP_HD_1080i_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVC_MP4_HP_HD_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">AVC_MP4_LPCM</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">MPEG4_P2_MP4_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">MPEG4_P2_MP4_SP_L6_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC">MPEG4_P2_MP4_NDSD</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_DTS_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HD_50_LPCM_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AAC_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">MPEG4_P2_TS_ASP_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_AP_L1_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
         <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="MPEG_TS_SD_EU,MPEG_TS_SD_NA,MPEG_TS_SD_KO">VC1_TS_AP_L2_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts">
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" />
         </Video>
         <!-- unsupported codecs will be transcoded into mpeg-ts, mpeg2 video and ac3 audio -->
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <!-- digital camera video formats -->
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mjpeg" />
         </Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="flac" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
         </Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <AutomaticImageRotation>true</AutomaticImageRotation>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
   </Profile>
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:08 pm

Illico wrote:
rjk wrote:..., YES I have clicked the keep original audio in 'Transcoding'.

Confirm, that must be set to "keep original" for DTS support in native mkv format.

This setting is only ever used when audio is being transcoded (not remuxed or during native playback)
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:32 pm

In answer to the OP's points...

Serviio does not default to US. The various regions of Sony BDP all identify themselves with the same string, and since 0.5.1 the profile is multi-region to remove this need to set the region manually in the Serviio Console (to keep Serviio intuitive). Before that it always defaulted to European since Serviio is European. We're far from US-centric on this forum.

The profile is not poorly thought out, and has changed very little from 0.5.0 which you say was great. There were no changes made relating to subtitles or matroska. The only changes were the audio transcoding, and the merging of the two regions (whose behaviours were identical - native matroska was disabled on both). The only tangible difference to a European user would be that avi files now have an mpeg icon on the BDP. Most other formats are remuxed to m2ts as they were before.

Overall the considerations for the device profile are complex. Have a read of the Sony BDP Readme thread to understand why it has been set the way it has. I'm glad I wrote it this morning - it's mainly to stop angry posts like yours.

It sounds like you have made the correct edits to the profile to adapt it to your preferences (so subtitles at the expense of smooth playback on wifi with seeking) but be aware that the Serviio service must be stopped and restarted for changes to take effect. You probably should also restart your BD Player too in case it has cached menu items.
LG OLED55B8PLA | PS4 Pro | Xbox One S | Synology DS214play
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

rjk

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:41 pm

First of all guys, I love serviio, and I appreciate all the work you do to make it work, so sorry if my post seemed a bit aggressive. it wasn't my intention. I'd just had a frustrating morning trying to make it work.
To answer your points, yes I did do all of the things you said - restart serviio, 'keep original' etc. That topic appeared after I had posted mine, but I did look at it and followed what it said, it still didn't work.

I've just used the profile you posted and it works. So THANK YOU :D . I've no idea why what I did wouldn't work, but this does.

Also, I've just played some flac files and they showed up as LPCM, so I can confirm it does work. Sounded very good actually.

Thanks for your help. And your English is great. Probably better than mine :)
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Hopefully FFmpeg will soon be able to remux DTS properly and this will all be much more straightforward. I compiled the latest snapshot and it's still broken though :(
Serviio 2.1 package for Synology NAS - with limited hardware transcoding support!
<<

patters

DLNA master

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:15 pm

Readme updated to fully quote the transcode section modification rather than just describing what to do.
<<

rjk

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:17 pm

patters wrote:Hopefully FFmpeg will soon be able to remux DTS properly and this will all be much more straightforward. I compiled the latest snapshot and it's still broken though :(

This is what annoys me about Mezzmo, you guys came up with an elegant workaround, but they don't seem willing to do it, same with MKV subs. I wish I'd tried serviio before I bought Mezzmo now :roll:
The new sony BDP-S380 has NTSC support, so it might make it less of a priority.
<<

pizzaguy541

Serviio lover

Post Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:06 am

Rjk, Mezzmo allows a 30-day money back refund if you're not satisfied. If it has been less than 30 days, send them an email requesting a refund. That's what I did and they processed my request quickly and smoothly.
<<

ansalbcn

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:35 am

Thanks for this software!! It's great to play MKV directly to my BDP-E970W home cinema!!

However I have one doubt. If I have a MKV with 2 audio streams, and my question is if is there any way to be able to tell the transcoding process (MKV -> M2TS) which audio stream I want to hear?

I know that I can modify the "profiles.xml" and use direct MKV->divx and be able to select audio stream and subtitle stream from the blu-ray, but as you explain in your README, it stutters a lot. So my idea is to transcode MKV->M2TS as the original "profiles.xml" does, but let serviio know which is the "desired" or "default" audio stream to transcode.

Is it posible?

I wait for your news.

Thanks again!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:45 am

not yet, there is an open ticket for this functionality

Return to Sony