FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Use of Multi Devices

<<

Roland

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:25 am

Use of Multi Devices

I have a Sony 55HX8000 and a PS3. Both work well with Serviio. Serviio is running on a Windows server 2003 R2 file server. I have notice that if I view content from one of the devices that the 2nd device will fail to find the Serviio server until after I reset the Serviio. Does anyone else see this? Is there a way to use these devices interchangeably and or at the same time? Your help will be appreciated.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:31 am

Re: Use of Multi Devices

i have had up to 3 devices all using serviio at same time. 2x samsung pc's and a ps3.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Roland

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Thank you for your the insight - I'm wondering if it's a Windows Server Issue? Additionally the computer is only a 1.8GHZ AMD single core w/ 2GB RAM. You think I need more machine? BTW I am streaming .VOB if that's a possible issue. I really like the simplicity and straight forwardness of Serviio and I have recommended to others- I really want this multi device inconvenience resolved any ideas?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:01 am

So if you browse for files on one device (not playing), can you browse on the other at the same time?
<<

Roland

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:46 pm

Actually the folder structure is there but the files are not displayed. When I return to the first device the files are still there - almost like a sharing issue but all the files in the folder disappear not just the opened file. Any Ideas? Thank You again
<<

Roland

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:54 pm

It goes like this…
I browse using my TV – the files and folders are displayed as normal and I play the content as normal. I attempt to use the PS3 then the folders are all there but no files regardless of what folder look in. If I restart Serviio and the other devices then I can browse and view content with the PS3 but not the TV. It depends on which DLNA device I start first after the Serviio restart.

I hope that make sense - I really appreciate your help.
<<

zip

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:26 pm

can you post the detailed log catching this behaviour (will probably be big, zip it up and attach here)
<<

Roland

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Will do but it will need to be later... Was there any particular format you wanted the log in?
<<

zip

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:50 pm

just zip it up (.zip)
<<

Roland

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:58 pm

Thank you zip for your help but, after I did a cold boot of the server now everything is working as it should. Both devices connect at the same time and interchangeably- I'm guessing it was a Windows server issue all along the way.

Many thanks again
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:03 pm

Roland wrote:Thank you zip for your help but, after I did a cold boot of the server now everything is working as it should. Both devices connect at the same time and interchangeably- I'm guessing it was a Windows server issue all along the way.

Many thanks again

that is good news, i have been watching this thread and trying to work out why i could do it and you could not, glad you got it sorted :) and thank you for saying what the issue actualy was.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Cool. There still might be a hidden bug somewhere, so if it happens again please report ;-)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:41 pm

i just tried this about 20mins ago great mind think alike zip i managed to stream the same movie file to 3 devices independantly all at the same time

2x samsung le40c750 tvs and a ps3 all playing the same movie but at different stages of the movie, proving that its working and work great. :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Roland

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:07 pm

Thank you both for your assistance - I will keep monitoring it to see if it reoccurs and what series of events lead to it. Thanks Again!!!
<<

manjab14

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Just joined! I have been using Serviio no probelms with my Sony Blu Ray player but now that i have the Xbox 360 connected I am having problems! The Xbox can't connect to the server! It seees the network fine but just won't connect! how do I do a cold boot of the server? would that fix it?
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:06 am

manjab14 wrote:Hi Guys,

Just joined! I have been using Serviio no probelms with my Sony Blu Ray player but now that i have the Xbox 360 connected I am having problems! The Xbox can't connect to the server! It seees the network fine but just won't connect! how do I do a cold boot of the server? would that fix it?

Cold Boot = turn the pc running serviio off at the mains

Check your network settings are correct and that both the xbox and serviio are on the same network and is the XBOX running wirelessly as the xbox wireless system is rubbish and run much better when hardwired.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Return to Sony