FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't connect Serviio to Sony Blu ray player

<<

flobiwan

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:47 pm

Can't connect Serviio to Sony Blu ray player

Everything was working fine with Serviio connecting to my Sony Blu ray player. Then, i noticed that my internet connection was slow so i reset winsock and ipv6 because i noticed that ipv6 connectivity on my LAN is showing "no internet access". Ipv4 is fine. When i restarted my PC, the internet was a lot faster but now the blu ray player no longer recognizes serviio.

I cleared the server list on the blu ray player and refreshed. I also cleared the list oi devices in Serviio and refreshed. Serviio sees the blu ray player the player doesn't find Serviio. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I enabled Debug mode in order to get a log and, when i started Serviio, it showed up on the bluRay player! So, it looks like it's fine.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Re: Can't connect Serviio to Sony Blu ray player

flobiwan wrote:Everything was working fine with Serviio connecting to my Sony Blu ray player. Then, i noticed that my internet connection was slow so i reset winsock and ipv6 because i noticed that ipv6 connectivity on my LAN is showing "no internet access". Ipv4 is fine. When i restarted my PC, the internet was a lot faster but now the blu ray player no longer recognizes serviio.

I cleared the server list on the blu ray player and refreshed. I also cleared the list oi devices in Serviio and refreshed. Serviio sees the blu ray player the player doesn't find Serviio. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I enabled Debug mode in order to get a log and, when i started Serviio, it showed up on the bluRay player! So, it looks like it's fine.

There is a way to tell a Sony player to use IPv4 by default. You have to go into the network settings manually and tell it to, but you can still leave all the other settings on auto. However, since it now seems to be working OK, I'd just leave it alone.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Sony