FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Please help me

<<

iHoe

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:05 am

Please help me

I am new to this but have been using Serviio to stream movies from my PC to my Sony Bravia KDL-55W900A for over a year now without any problem. then I Upgraded to new Comcast router/modem and now have trouble with disconnection problems. Movies will run for 3.5-4 mins only then server disconnects. I tried reading more about this and I'm lost. I don't know what I'm doing and if anyone can help me please!

Now the only way I can watch a stored movie from my pc to the tv is to transfer the movie onto USB. :-(

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:44 am

Re: Please help me

In the router look for settings to do with UPNP, IGMP Proxy, IGMP Snooping, or IPV4 Multicast options. Let us know the model of the router if you don't solve it by playing with those settings.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

iHoe

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:21 pm

DenyAll wrote:In the router look for settings to do with UPNP, IGMP Proxy, IGMP Snooping, or IPV4 Multicast options. Let us know the model of the router if you don't solve it by playing with those settings.

THANK YOU! I had a feeling it might be a setting or two with the router but I didn't know what to look for........ I'll let you know what's happening when trying to adjust router.
<<

iHoe

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Dec 18, 2015 1:23 pm

also the router is the Arris TG1862G (Xfinity Firmware)
<<

iHoe

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:32 pm

OK.......Did so many adjustments and setting that I just can't figure how to make the RIGHT adjustment.
Also took out old network from PC and now have just one wireless network but still only plays 5 mins of movie then: Server not found notice. the longest time I had a movie on was almost 10 mins but when I tried it again without adjusting the settings it went back to 4 mins. Very frustrating!
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:51 am

Very hard to assist with this as I don't have your router. Perhaps other users may have.... I did try looking at your router manual on-line but that hasn't got much info (I suspect its more a quick-start guide).

Was the router the only thing that changed?

• When you changed routers it may have also set up a new network in Windows. Ensure that that is set to be a Home Network, and not public or work.
  • Check your firewall and that it allows access to the Serviio service, and all ports for that application (or ports TCP port 8895 and UDP 1900 for all applications)
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Sony