FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new router/modem now problems

<<

iHoe

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:42 am

new router/modem now problems

Serviio worked great before my upgrade on router/modem.......... now it disconnects after about 5 mins of running right and I have to go back every 5 mins to reset everything. I tried reading the FAQs and the forums with similar problems but no answer solves my problem. Can someone help me?
<<

Spaceboy64

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: new router/modem now problems

Sorry, I can't help. I'm here looking for an answer myself.

I just got a new modem and now Serviio doesn't work at all. I know my computer is connecting to my Sony Media Player because the Microsoft server is working. I can navigate to folders and watch videos that are on my computer, but the Serviio icon doesn't light up. In the Serviio Console window I get a green light for the media player, but it doesn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
<<

stefana888

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:15 pm

UPnP enabled?
<<

Spaceboy64

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:11 am

I re-installed Serviio and now it works again. I don't know what the problem was.
Now two icons for Serviio show up on my Sony Media Player menu. Only one works, but that's okay.

Thanks.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:26 am

I suspect the problem was that the Sony is caching the old copy of Serviio - when you were having problems, its because the old copy was being referenced, which likely had the wrong IP address as that would have changed with the new router. Now that it has detected the new copy, you have two icons.

Look for a menu that item on your Sony that allows you to clear the Media server list or something like that.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Sony