FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up serviio

<<

SONY007

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 am

Setting up serviio

OK..I installed serviio on my windows vista laptop, I then directed it to the drive/folder on my laptop where my movies (mkv/xvid) are kept. On the first tabin serviio finally I was able to select my sony bravia tv once I disabled Nod32. Now when I checked the TV to see if the serviio logo was present as it was I tried to play an mkv file, it played but it was jerky as hell, I guess it's not meant to play like that! I'm on sky broadband which offers decent download speed (1.0MB) but not sure what the upload speed is like. So anyway I stopped the stream and tried to change the location in serviio to my movies folders to where I have a longer list to choose from & now even though serviio indicates that it is running the serviio logo on my TV is greyed out, if I try to click into it says' unable to connect to server'. On serviio in the first tab there is a red dot beside the IP, now I'm not sure if this is meant to be green or something as I only just noticed, I never checked it when I got it working. If my movie folder is say 80gigs will serviio take longer to come online or something? I did also try to go back to where there was only one xvid in a folder in the path destination in serviio and the logo was still greyed out on my TV.

Are Mkv files meant to play seamlessly using serviio?

What am I meant to look for in serviio to know that it is online and and ready to be access by my tv?

When I close down serviio, I have to restart my laptop to get serviio running again as it would say 'cannot connect to serviio server it does not seem to be running', is this normal ?

How long roughly do ppl need to wait from turning on there pc/laptop with serviio before there Tv can gain access, and does the size of the drive with the movies make a hugh difference to how long serviio takes to come online?

Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Setting up serviio

What is your TV model?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

SONY007

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: Setting up serviio

sony bravia nx7 40

Return to Sony