Post Sun May 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Multiple issues with Serviio streaming to Sony Bravia TV

I have two main problems with streaming flac audio files from my NAS using Serviio to my Sony Bravia TV.

Kit/Set-up

NAS; QNAP TS 253 Pro
Serviio: Serviio PRO v 1.6.1 (installed via App Centre)
Transcoding: Sony Bravia TV (2013/14) Profile
Renderer: Sony Bravia KDL-55W829B TV
Control Point: BubbleUPnP (paid version), Linn Kinsky

Issues:-

1. I can see Serviio from the TV listing of Media Services, and can play 16bit/44100Mz files. However. there are a number of issues: a) when playing albums with multiple tracks, the first tracks plays, the second track starts for about 3-5 seconds then stops and the TV broadcast via Freeview restarts; b) the display on the TV does not show the album art at the folder level, only when you open the folder and because of the layout it is very difficult to see the names of the album and artist etc.; and c) higher resolution FLAC files will not play.

2. I have been unable to use either of my Control Points to play any FLAC files on the TV renderer. BubbleUPnP returns the error message 'Action SetAVTransportURL failed (code 716). I have played around with different settings on the Control Point e.g. disabling Mime-type check, Forcing Server-Side Search, disabling the Bubble as a renderer, but nothing makes a difference. Kinsky just doesn't play a FLAC file on the Bravia but gives no error message.

These problems are very frustrating. Using the TV interface is not really usable, so the use of a Control Point is really essential. Is there a Control Point that is assured to work with my configuration. Any help from forum members would be much appreciated.

Many thanks. David Round