FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Please Help- Everything was working well, then it doesn't

<<

Maxpower1

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:41 pm

Please Help- Everything was working well, then it doesn't

Please forgive me if I do not adhere to all polices, I have been away from these forums for a long time.
System 486 Pentium 4 with lots of ram (running serviio for years) Using a DLNA Server from this same machine. (Windows7) Running latest version of Serviio
I am using a Sony BDP-SX90 that is hardwired to the network. The network card PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS 6.20 Driver Version 7.2.1127 2008 (The Sony is able to see the Serviio network with no problem, but currently ALL videos are "breaking up" but continuing to play.
In the past Norton, drove me crazy, but now I am totally lost. All worked well, untill it didn't and even played 4-5+ gig files, now I can't get 30 seconds without "skips". I have no idea what happened, or what changed but I was so frustrated that I reinstalled serviio, after deleting all and started from scratch and still have the problem. I have even replaced the ffmpeg.exe running for windows 7.
Enclosed are 2 log files run in debug mode these were created for diag help
Thanks for any help to resolve this problem, in advance
Attachments
NewZip.zip
(33.62 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Re: Please Help- Everything was working well, then it doesn'

It sounds like perhaps the profile that is assigned to your Sony has changed, and now files are being transcoded that were not before. If your computer specs are accurate,(486 Pentium 4??? :shock: ) you don't have the power to transcode, and that would cause massive buffering to occur. You should be using the Sony BDP-Sx90 (2012) profile, as it's an exact match for your player.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Maxpower1

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:30 am

Please Forgive Me- Processor is Intel(R) Core i7 870@2.93GHZ 2.40GHz
With 12 Gig of Ram
Running in 64 Bit Environment
This seems more than enough. The Sony BDP-Sx90 (2012) Is the one that
I selected (The real actual model is BDP-S390)
I Think the answer to the problem lies in the logs- I use almost no CPU
Please look at the logs. There were errors- Please help!!
Thanks again Jeff
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Thanks for the clarification. You certainly have enough power to transcode. And you have the correct profile selected for your player.

I looked through the logs you posted (more of a quick glance, actually), and didn't notice any error messages. Is there a video you know you attempted to play in that log, so that we can determine what is happening at that time? I did a quick text search and didn't find any line calling for FFMPEG to run, which means there was no call for transcoding. I did find some lines that appeared to be streaming a file, and it appears that Serviio was streaming it natively. That means it should be something your Sony should play.

But I can find nothing wrong in the log files. Perhaps Zip can spot something in there that I've missed. Have you had anything change on your home network (router, switch, cables)?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Maxpower1

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Problem Resolved
Buffering problem on my network, bypassed my switch. :D :D Back on Serviio again - Thanks Dan

Return to Sony