FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2015 Sony Downmixed Audio

<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:35 pm

The Sony XBR 2015 TVs can play pretty much anything untranscoded and hardly needs a DLNA server. I firmly believe the recommended Serviio profile already remuxes/transcodes more than it needs to for these TVs.

Unfortunately, the past few firmware updates the x850c lost a few features. Unless you are using the Video App from Sony, multi-channel audio that isn't Dolby Digital gets played in stereo (this includes DTS, PCM and AAC).

While Sony's video app will passthrough (or play the core of) DTS(HD) and transcode AAC to DD, the latter sounds like crap.

It doesn't look like Sony is going to change it back. The config for this and probably other models/years could use an update to force a transcode to AC3 (preferably at 640kbps) for anything greater than 2.0 that isn't already in that format.
Last edited by cuf on Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: 2015 Sony Downmixed Audio

You might try a few different profiles, just to see if you can find one that performs better than the Sony profile. For example, the Roku 4K TV profile will transcode all audio except DD to AC3, and not touch most video. Once you find one that does what you need, you can create your own personal profile that Serviio won't remove at update time.

I agree about Sony reducing functionality. My older Blu Ray players would bitstream TrueHD and Master Audio from my BD rips, while my current BD player will only do TrueHD. DTS must have upped their license fee. That's the main reason I have switched to an Nvidia Shield as my streaming player. Costs a little more, but my BD and UHD rips now play with TrueHD/Atmos and DTS:X audio, full HDR and matching video framerate.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:46 pm

atc98092 wrote:You might try a few different profiles, just to see if you can find one that performs better than the Sony profile. For example, the Roku 4K TV profile will transcode all audio except DD to AC3, and not touch most video. Once you find one that does what you need, you can create your own personal profile that Serviio won't remove at update time.

I agree about Sony reducing functionality. My older Blu Ray players would bitstream TrueHD and Master Audio from my BD rips, while my current BD player will only do TrueHD. DTS must have upped their license fee. That's the main reason I have switched to an Nvidia Shield as my streaming player. Costs a little more, but my BD and UHD rips now play with TrueHD/Atmos and DTS:X audio, full HDR and matching video framerate.

Tried Roku 4K TV, and it worked okay for DTS-HD MA, but AAC 5.1 didn't get re-encoded. I will have to do some trial and error.
Still, I have no idea why the Sony profile is 5 years out of date.
<<

Emileroure

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:35 pm

I have a SONY Surround Sound amplifier that has 4 speaker outputs and a 2 speaker rear output. The problem is when listening to something the audio in all the speakers just cuts out. It doesnt do it because i turn up the volume, it just does it randomly. I can turn it off and on and sometimes the audio will work but just for a second.....
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:20 pm

Still, I have no idea why the Sony profile is 5 years out of date.
Because it somewhat relies on Forum members submitting profiles. The developer cannot possibly have every TV/device in the world in his back room.

So, perhaps consider developing your own profile (people here can help), share it with the forum and if you get consensus, submit it for inclusion with the Serviio distribution. Sound like the one for this tv will be simple.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri May 08, 2020 2:13 am

I guess I'm going to have to do this. Now if someone could point me to a guide on how to actually modify a Serviio profile...
Seriously, I'm sick of AAC 5.1 audio coming through in stereo and Sony's own Video App is just kind of crap.
It's a necessary evil for 3D and 4k videos, but if I can remove the need for it for non-DD mixes, that would be great.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri May 08, 2020 1:37 pm

cuf wrote:I guess I'm going to have to do this. Now if someone could point me to a guide on how to actually modify a Serviio profile...
Seriously, I'm sick of AAC 5.1 audio coming through in stereo and Sony's own Video App is just kind of crap.
It's a necessary evil for 3D and 4k videos, but if I can remove the need for it for non-DD mixes, that would be great.

This page has the basics about the different transcoding functions of the profile: https://www.serviio.org/index.php?optio ... icle&id=24

Also see this page for details about the overall profile layout: https://www.serviio.org/index.php?optio ... icle&id=16

Rather than making changes to the main profiles file, I suggest creating a user-profiles.xml file, and that way if you muck something up in the coding, you can remove the file and get Serviio working again.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon May 25, 2020 4:54 am

Hmm. So what did I do wrong? Created user-profiles.xml.
  Code:
<Profiles>
<Profile id="sony4k2015" name="Sony Bravia 4K TV (2015)" extendsProfileId="1">
       <!-- 2015 Sony XBR Models. KDL models need x265 re-encoded.  Note: Supported Codecs depend on firmware version.  Additionally, Sony prevented some Apps from supporting some codecs.
This is an experimental profile by Serviio Forum User DoctorM.
          -->
<Detection>
  <UPnPSearch>
    <FriendlyName>BRAVIA (KDL-\d{2}X[89]\d{2}[C].*)|(KD-\d{2}X[89]\d{3}[C].*)</FriendlyName>
  </UPnPSearch>
</Detection>
         <!-- act as WMP so that the TV doesn't show root categories -->
        <DeviceDescription>
         <ModelName>Windows Media Player Sharing</ModelName>
         <ModelNumber>3.0</ModelNumber>
         <Manufacturer>Microsoft Corporation</Manufacturer>
      </DeviceDescription>
      <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.SonyDLNAMessageBuilder
        </ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
      <ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.WMPContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter
        </ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>
<!-- Rename native WMA formats to those supported by the tv -->
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/x-ms-wma" name="WMABASE">WMA_BASE</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="audio/x-ms-wma" name="WMAFULL">WMA_FULL</MediaFormatProfile>
      <!-- Rename 3gp profiles that can be played as AVC -->
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mp4" name="AVC_MP4_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5">AVC_3GPP_BL_QCIF15_AAC</MediaFormatProfile>
      <!-- Rename native avi formats to those supported by the tv -->
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/avi" name="">AVI</MediaFormatProfile>
      <!-- Rename native mpeg2ts with h264+ac3/aac formats to those supported by the tv (aac support is not advertised by the renderer but it works) -->
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3,AVC_TS_HD_EU">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_T</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_T</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_T,AVC_TS_HD_EU_T">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_T</MediaFormatProfile>
      <!-- Rename transcoded mpeg2ts with h264 to one of the TV's supported profiles -->
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO">AVC_TS_HP_HD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO">AVC_TS_HP_SD_MPEG1_L2_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO">AVC_TS_MP_HD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_AAC_MULT5_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
      <MediaFormatProfile mime-type="video/mpeg" name="AVC_TS_HD_50_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_24_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_60_AC3_ISO,AVC_TS_HD_EU_ISO">AVC_TS_MP_SD_MPEG1_L3_ISO</MediaFormatProfile>
   </MediaFormatProfiles>
      <H264LevelCheck>FILE_ATTRIBUTES</H264LevelCheck>
      <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="matroska" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="640" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="dts" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="aac" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="truehd" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="dts-hd" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="dca" />
              <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="flac" />
              <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="LPCM" />

</Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mo4" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="640" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="*" Codec="dts" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="aac" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="truehd" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="dts-hd" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="dca" />
              <Matches container="*" aCodec="LPCM" />
              <Matches container="*" aCodec="flac" />

</Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
</Profile>
</Profiles>

I'll admit, even with the guides, I really don't know what I'm doing.
It doesn't show up as an available profile for my devices in older versions of Serviio and v2.1 locks up all together.

Also, I'd like to specify PCM > 2 channels as a codec to transcode as well, but I can't find a way to make the distinction between multichannel PCM and PCM 2.0.
Edit: Updated code. Still doesn't work though.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon May 25, 2020 3:03 pm

The user-profiles.xml requires these two lines at the very beginning of the page:
  Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Profiles version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.serviio.org/xsd/profiles/v/1.10/Profiles.xsd">

Paste those in as the very first two lines, and then we can see what (if anything) remains to resolve it for you.
Dan

<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue May 26, 2020 5:06 am

Even with that, v2.1 locks up when I put in the user-profiles.
It might be the profiles, but considering it doesn't recover gracefully, it might be 2.1.
If you don't see any obvious issues, I'll have to roll back versions sometime and try again.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue May 26, 2020 1:21 pm

I think I did find the error, as it's missing the opening <MediaFormatProfiles> tag. You could add that at line 21 and try it again.

Let's simplify the profile. Remove all of the sections prior to the <Transcoding> line. Most likely none of it is really necessary.
Dan

<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed May 27, 2020 4:07 am

So now it looks like this:
  Code:
<Profiles version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.serviio.org/xsd/profiles/v/1.10/Profiles.xsd">
<Profiles>
<Profile id="sony4k2015" name="Sony Bravia 4K TV (2015)" extendsProfileId="1">
       <!-- 2015 Sony XBR Models. KDL models need x265 re-encoded.  Note: Supported Codecs depend on firmware version.  Additionally, Sony prevented some Apps from supporting some codecs.
This is an experimental profile by Serviio Forum User DoctorM.
          -->
<Detection>
  <UPnPSearch>
    <FriendlyName>BRAVIA (KDL-\d{2}X[89]\d{2}[C].*)|(KD-\d{2}X[89]\d{3}[C].*)</FriendlyName>
  </UPnPSearch>
</Detection>
         <!-- act as WMP so that the TV doesn't show root categories -->
        <DeviceDescription>
         <ModelName>Windows Media Player Sharing</ModelName>
         <ModelNumber>3.0</ModelNumber>
         <Manufacturer>Microsoft Corporation</Manufacturer>
      </DeviceDescription>
      <ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.SonyDLNAMessageBuilder
        </ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder>
      <ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.definition.WMPContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter
        </ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter>
      <Transcoding>
         <Video targetContainer="matroska" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="640" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="dts" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="aac" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="truehd" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="dts-hd" />
            <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="dca" />
              <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="flac" />
              <Matches container="*" vCodec="*" aCodec="LPCM" />

</Video>
         <Audio targetContainer="mo4" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="640" forceInheritance="true">
            <Matches container="*" Codec="dts" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="aac" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="truehd" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="dts-hd" />
            <Matches container="*" Codec="dca" />
              <Matches container="*" aCodec="LPCM" />
              <Matches container="*" aCodec="flac" />

</Audio>
      </Transcoding>
      <LimitImageResolution>false</LimitImageResolution>
</Profile>
</Profiles>

Same thing. The console loads, but then the Serviio service shuts itself down.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed May 27, 2020 1:51 pm

OK, I'd need to see the Serviio log, as it should indicate what in the profile is tripping it up.
Dan

<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:43 am

This looks like the pertinent bit:
  Code:
2020-06-15 01:39:02,795 INFO  [ProfileManager] Loading profiles from file /user-profiles.xml
2020-06-15 01:39:02,853 ERROR [XmlUtils] XML Profiles.xsd didn't pass validation, reason: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'Profiles'. One of '{Profile}' is expected.
2020-06-15 01:39:02,854 ERROR [MediaServer] An unexpected error occurred. Ending the application. Message: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:186)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.loadProfiles(ProfileManager.java:160)
   at org.serviio.MediaServer.main(MediaServer.java:136)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:62)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher$2.run(WinLauncher.java:96)
Caused by: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.validateXML(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:1054)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.parseDefinition(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:154)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:184)
   ... 8 more
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:49 pm

Oh, I think I see the problem now. This is the first three lines of your user profiles file:
  Code:
<Profiles>

That second <Profiles> doesn't belong there. Remove it and try again.
Dan

<<

cuf

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 am

Deleted "<Profiles>".

Code:
2020-06-16 00:37:08,941 INFO  [ProfileManager] Loading profiles from file /user-profiles.xml
2020-06-16 00:37:08,956 ERROR [XmlUtils] XML Profiles.xsd didn't pass validation, reason: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'MediaFormatProfile'. One of '{ProtocolInfo, MediaFormatProfiles, ResourceTransportProtocolHandler, H264LevelCheck, Transcoding, OnlineTranscoding, GenericTranscoding, AudioTrackRemux, AlternativeQualities, AutomaticImageRotation, AllowedImageResolutions, LimitImageResolution, Subtitles, ThumbnailsResolution, AllowChunkedTransfer, MultipleAudioTrackAware}' is expected.
2020-06-16 00:37:08,956 ERROR [MediaServer] An unexpected error occurred. Ending the application. Message: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:186)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.loadProfiles(ProfileManager.java:160)
   at org.serviio.MediaServer.main(MediaServer.java:136)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(LauncherEngine.java:62)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher$2.run(WinLauncher.java:96)
Caused by: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.validateXML(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:1054)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.parseDefinition(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:154)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:184)
   ... 8 more

Pretty unforgiving. Isn't it.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Yes, XML has strict rules, as does all programming languages.

What is puzzling me is the error: it says it's related to MediaFormatProfile, but that tag isn't within the profile you copied in the post above. Could you upload the actual file, not just copy/paste the text? I need to find out what's causing that error message, because it's not making sense with what I see here. Every tag is properly terminated, and as I said the tag listed in the log doesn't exist.

Maybe try making LPCM lower case. I'm uncertain if it matters, but it's the only other thing that looks out of place in that profile text.
Dan

Return to Sony