FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

access denied from Sony TV

<<

sanddoc

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:29 am

access denied from Sony TV

Hello, I have seen some info on this, but not really my situation.
My Sony TV was in the front room and connected to the Serviio serever easily
now it's in my Bedroom and I get this " access denied" the server is not allowing your connection..
I checked everything. reinstalled the server, checked all setting.. the TV in the front room connects easily...

please reply to my email as I do not have ISP right now
[mod removed]
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:18 pm

Re: access denied from Sony TV

It is extremely dangerous to post your email address in a public forum, so I removed it. I hope you can get back on the forum for your responses.

Serviio has control access user accounts. If you have a user permission configured, it's possible that when you moved the TV it retrieved a different IP address from your network and it's now not configured for access. Look at your console on the Settings page and see if your TV is listed more than once. If so, make sure any permissions set for the old connection is matched on the new connection. I'm out of town until tomorrow night, so I can't see my console to walk you through the exact steps.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sanddoc

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:24 pm

Thanks for your input
I have reinstalled Serviio a few times now. so it should be running fine
I took my Sony from the bedroom back to the front room and reset everything, still no access
The IP address is well within the permitted range
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:38 pm

Look on your Serviio console on the Status screen. You will see every device that Serviio has registered on the network that it thinks is capable of playing media. Look under the User column. Is there a name assigned to your TV? Does your TV even appear in the list? Serviio it pretty good at identifying TVs, so the model number should be listed in the Device Name column. If your TV isn't listed, then you have some sort of network issue that is not easily to figure out without being there.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Sony