FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BDP-s580 Stuttering

<<

gerpolit

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:29 pm

BDP-s580 Stuttering

Hi all, hope somebody here can help me. I am new to all of this, and am trying to troubleshoot the cause of stuttering when trying to stream videos from my pc to my Sony BDP-s580. The videos that I am trying to play are dvd rips from my collection, and I have tried ripping into a variety of different formats to no avail. The sony sees all of the files just fine through Serviio, but when I select one to play it loads and stutters constantly. I thought I read somewhere that video rips to MPEG2 have to be below a certain bit rate for the sony to playback properly via DLNA, but I have not been able to find that again, nor have I seen the info replicated anywhere else. Streaming from HULU, Netflix and Amazon are all working great, but I cannot stream from pc files unless I pause the playback for several minutes first to let it buffer. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong and can give me some guidance? Thanks.
<<

NX3

DLNA master

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Re: BDP-s580 Stuttering

Are you using Wifi or wired connection ?
<<

gerpolit

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 pm

i am on wifi with a wireless g router
<<

NX3

DLNA master

Post Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:53 am

Wifi 5 is 54mpbs in perfect conditions, nobody gets that speed really as the protocols have overheads. Amazon / Hulu will be using a lower bit rate efficient codec to deliver content over the internet that fits within wifi g bandwidth. Serviio will be transcoding your dvd images to mpeg2, this a much more bandwidth heavy codec and with your limited bandwidth you''ll get stuttering issues. I'm strongly suggest you run a wire from your router to your Sony bluray player or if thats not feesable then use some Homeplugs 100 mpbs minimum. Your other option, which maybe or maybe not work depending on many variables would be to invest in a new router with wifi n 300 and a suitable adapter for the bluray player, this will be the most expensive option and least guaranteed to fix the problem.

Return to Sony