Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:28 am

Serviio servers not visible for about 2-3 minutes

Hello everyone!

I have been using Serviio for about a year. Always running latest version on Win7 machines, have 2 servers, viewing content through wifi network on LG Blu-ray player (BP330 I think). Recently I upgraded the router (TP-link, running 2.4 Ghz 11n network) and an interesting problem started to crop up. The servers, previously visible as soon as player was turned on, now take 2-3 minutes to appear (once they appear, browsing and playback are fine). On my android phone, I can see them all the time in two different DLNA apps.

Any clues? Also in the list of DLNA servers now I see some kind of TP-LINK entry and I can't figure out how to turn it off. The other entry in the list of DLNA servers is 'Windows Media Player', which I assume is there because I've set up a Windows HomeGroup. But it has always been there and did not interfere.

UPDATE: the mysterious entry is the name of TP-LINK media server (works off usb storage). The entry shows up anyway, even though I never had it, used it or started it. Searched, but have not been able to find a way to disable it...

Thanks!