FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stuttering with SBS 3D movies

<<

meuvoy

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:35 pm

Stuttering with SBS 3D movies

I have an LG 47LA6610 and I had quite a amount of problems to fix before the files work fine and there is what I did:
1° my router was loosing data because of the distance (I'm using wi-fi) so I moved it to the same room of the TV and the PC.
2° I found that Serviio's transcoding was using up to 100% the CPU of my multimedia computer so I turned it off.
3° Subtitles was stuttering yet so I just disabled burned-in subtitles and BEM! All playing fine.

So today I've noticed that 3 specific movies are stuttering, they are: gravity, The Nightmare Before Christmas and Avatar they all are 3D SBS movies.
The strange thing is that the higher bitrate of the three is "The Nightmare before Christmas" wich have a 14102kbps peak bitrate but "Boyhood" have 17969kbps peak birtare and streams fine for me; it have a 5.1 channel surround sound too but it's not 3D (all of the mentioned movies are FullHD 1080p 5.1 surround sound and the file extension is MKV). So counting that transcoding is off and the profile is right (LG/TV Player profile) I can't figure out what in the hell is causing the stuttering of the 3D movies.
-All other movies are streaming fine without any interference for buffering this includes movies with even higher peak bitrates than mentioned before (FF7 Advent Children have a 30112kbps peak bitrate and played fine yesterday).

Anyone can help me? Just ask what you need and I'll provide. Thanks.
<<

meuvoy

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 am

Re: Stuttering with SBS 3D movies

Okay I've changed the profile from "LG TV/ Player" to "Generic DLNA profile" and now the movies are playing well.

Apparently those new TVs with native support to most of the video extensions work better with raw files(not processed).

Return to LG