FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LG 32LE5500 - Subtitles dont work.

<<

alfatag

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:06 pm

LG 32LE5500 - Subtitles dont work.

Hi guys!

I have a LG 32LE5500 and Serviio running in a NAS almost perfectly with LG BD Player profile. All videos are recognized and play smooth, but there is a issue that I couldnt figure what happens, some videos display the .srt subtitles and others dont. All videos and respectives substitles have exactly the same filename and are in the same folder. Any hints?

Tnx in advance!

Alfatag
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: LG 32LE5500 - Subtitles dont work.

Check detailed log to see if the subtitle srt file gets read (and delivered) when you play the file
<<

alfatag

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 am

Hi Zip!

I've tried two movies:

The Expendables (2010).avi: subtitles fail
Star Wars Episode IV A New Hope (1977) CD2.avi: subtitles work

I`ve noticed in the log some java errors, but since Im not a developper, I dont have idea what those errors mean.

Follow attached the debug log with the two tries.

Thanks in advance!

Alfatag
Attachments
serviio__.zip
Serviio Log
(31.95 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
<<

zip

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:56 am

Tv LG really has some shitty DLNA implementation.... the errors are caused by them making a request for unexisting video resource:

Code:
V_F#FOL_R1$F1$F7$F12/Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983).CD2.avi

where Serviio tells it it is

Code:
V_F#FOL_R1$F1$F7$F12

Not much I can do about that and I'm surprised it even plays.

Regarding subtitles, Serviio finds the file and advertises it. The Tv doesn't make a request for it though ;-/ Could you confirm the subtitle resource is present if you look at the video's properties in AV Media Controller (Intel tools)
<<

alfatag

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:29 am

Hi Zip!

Using Intel AV Media Controller I could find any resource that indicates the existence of subtitle for both videos.

Im curious about what is the cause of different behavior of both videos? There is any way to specify the video or subtitle language in metadata? When the video with subtitle is playing the "Subtitle Language" option under TV player properties appear as "On" and when the other video is player it appear greyed, as if there no subtitle language set. Should it be in metadata? There is any way to set the subtitle and language in a video?

Tnx again!

Alfatag
<<

alfatag

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:05 am

Update:

I tried the Nero MediaHome Essentials that came with TV and it plays all the videos and subtitles. The big problem is that I dont like Nero, it only play files in local disk, so NAS setup isnt possible.

Now Im even more confused about what is wrong.

Alfatag
<<

zip

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31 pm

alfatag wrote:Using Intel AV Media Controller I could find any resource that indicates the existence of subtitle for both videos.

Sorry, forgot to say that you'll have to assign the LG profile in the console to the PC's IP address (the PC running the Intel tool). Then you should see the resource for text/srt.
<<

alfatag

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Hi Zip!

The properties were:

Resource #3

contentUri http://192.168.1.114:8895/resource/2/SUBTITLE.srt
protocolInfo http-get:*:text/srt:*

Ive entered the URL in a browser and the subtitle was downloaded correctly, in this case was RED Movie.

Best regards!

Alfatag
<<

zip

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Can you compare the resource with the one served by Nero?
<<

alfatag

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi!

The properties were a bit different since it had only two categories:

Properties

Properties:
upnp:class object.item.videoItem
dc.title Red (2010).avi
upnp:album Red (2010)
Restricted True
Media Class object.item.videoItem
Object ID a5
Parent ID 62

Resource #1:
contentUri http://192.168.1.114:54444/server/1EF8B ... ed%20(2010).avi
bitrate 110250
duration 1:51:10
nrAudioChannels 2
protocolInfo http-get:*:video/avi:*
resolution 624x256
sampleFrequency 48000
size 735330304

No info about subtitles.

Sds!

Alfatag
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:49 pm

alfatag wrote:...No info about subtitles.

Is it possible that Nero "burns" the sub into video stream ?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

zip

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Or it expects some HTTP header to identify LG device to stick the subtitle resource there.
<<

|ZUTI|

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey guys.

After being very very frustrated by nero mediahome that came with my LE5500... I discovered this little and very nice application. Loving it. But had the same problems with subtitles as were described here. Exception in the log were like this:

Code:
2011-04-11 17:33:51,187 WARN  [ContentDirectory] Browse for object id V_F#FOL_R2/Spartacus-S01E06-XviD.avi failed with exception: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.getObjectValueForAttribute(GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.java:301)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.getObjectValue(GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.java:284)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.storeAttribute(GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.java:240)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.storeAttribute(GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.java:257)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.storeItemFields(GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.java:152)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.storeObjectNode(GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.java:128)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.buildXML(GenericDLNAMessageBuilder.java:102)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.ContentDirectory.setupSuccessfulResult(ContentDirectory.java:377)
   at org.serviio.upnp.service.contentdirectory.ContentDirectory.Browse(ContentDirectory.java:209)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.soap.ServiceInvoker.invokeOperation(ServiceInvoker.java:253)
   at org.serviio.upnp.protocol.soap.ServiceInvoker.invokeService(ServiceInvoker.java:93)
   at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.ServiceControlRequestHandler.handleRequest(ServiceControlRequestHandler.java:73)
   at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.AbstractRequestHandler.handle(AbstractRequestHandler.java:54)
   at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.doService(HttpService.java:293)
   at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.ServiioHttpService.doService(ServiioHttpService.java:58)
   at org.apache.http.protocol.HttpService.handleRequest(HttpService.java:212)
   at org.serviio.upnp.webserver.WebServer$WorkerThread.run(WebServer.java:187)

However, I played around with profiles and after selecting profile for LG BD player, everything started to work. Mainly watching xvids/divx movies, not HD (nero had problems even with streaming those, if that was the problem and not the tv, don't really know). But At first, I thought that the picture with this profile was not that "sharp". Could be just me though :D

Anyway, if I can also be of any help, let me know. I have quite a bit of java knowleadge (being java developer myself, but not for this kind of applications, granted :D) just let me know. Will be more than happy to help as I really like this application.

Cheers.
<<

alfatag

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:56 am

Hi guys!

For my great surprise, after buying Nero Media Home, I had problems playing movies with better definition (not even 720p) with LG TV getting disconnected after playing the video for some time. So to troubleshoot tried Serviio again, and to my surprise all the movies played nicely with respective subtitles, and yes, Serviio played those better definition videos without lagging or disconnecting the TV. I figured out that if the subtitles isnt already in the folder when adding it to Serviio library, then it will fail to index movie + subtitle and this same problem occurs with NMH.

Im sad that Ive spent some money buying NMH but even happier to be able to use Saviior that have a much better performance displaying folders, fast forwarding and playing high definition videos.

Tnx for the help so far and I hope this post should help anyone with this kind of issue.

Alfatag
<<

mpiccinati

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 25, 2011 8:37 pm

ok.. lets put all this together...

To correctly display subtitles on LG LE5500 Series TV sets:

A - Subtitles have to be in the same folder as the video before adding it to Serviio's Library.
B - Subtitles file name has to be equal to video's file name + no spaces, replace all space with dots "." (Ex.: The.Movie.Name.2011.720p.AC3.mp4)
C - Check to set the appropriate profile for your device in the Renderer Profile window, "LG BD Player" in this case.
D - I found that Serviio detects a device only for it's IP Address, so be sure your TV always has the IP Address listed in the Renderer Profile. Reserving an IP address in your router is the best solution.

Hope this helps... ond/or let me know if something is wrong...

Pardon my english too. :D

Cheers!

Martin.-
<<

haav

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 29, 2011 8:52 pm

I have tryed to make a profile for my 47LE550N TV.

Code:
<Profile id="14" name="LG TV 32/37/42/47/55LE5***" extendsProfileId="1">
   <Detection>
      <HttpHeaders>
         <friendlyName.dlna.org>LG DLNA DMP DEVICE.*</friendlyName.dlna.org>
      </HttpHeaders>
   </Detection>
   <SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
</Profile>

This autodetects my LG TV and subtitles work. But I have truble to get the transcoding to work with my LG TV.

/haav
<<

Leon

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:18 pm

ok.. lets put all this together...

To correctly display subtitles on LG LE5500 Series TV sets:

A - Subtitles have to be in the same folder as the video before adding it to Serviio's Library.
B - Subtitles file name has to be equal to video's file name + no spaces, replace all space with dots "." (Ex.: The.Movie.Name.2011.720p.AC3.mp4)
C - Check to set the appropriate profile for your device in the Renderer Profile window, "LG BD Player" in this case.
D - I found that Serviio detects a device only for it's IP Address, so be sure your TV always has the IP Address listed in the Renderer Profile. Reserving an IP address in your router is the best solution.

Hope this helps... ond/or let me know if something is wrong...

Pardon my english too.

Cheers!

Martin.-

I had some problems getting my LE5500 to display the subtitles from an .srt file with Nero Media Home.
Turned out the device doesn't handle some types of encoding (UTF-8 if i recall correctly) too well.
Had to save the .srt files with Unicode encoding to get it to work.

Still don't have the subs working with Serviio, but I haven't had the time to properly play around with the profiles yet..
And I'm clearly not going back to using Nero Media Home..!
<<

awatrin

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi,

I know this is an old post, but any solution was found to this problem?

mpiccinati wrote:A - Subtitles have to be in the same folder as the video before adding it to Serviio's Library.

I'm asking this because I have a LG 47LE5500 TV, and it only shows the subtitles when they're added together with the video. The problem is that I added my download folder to Serviio's library, so I don't have to copy/move the videos every time, and the subtitles are added only some hours (maybe days) later. But this way, I'm having to remove the video from Serviio library, and re-add it with the .srt file.

Thanks in advance.

Arthur
<<

zip

Post Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:29 pm

That is not true. Serviio only checks for the presence of .srt file when you play it, not when it's added to the library.
<<

awatrin

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:22 pm

Yes, you are correct, thanks for the clarification!

In fact, I've did some tests, and noticed that the real problem is with the folders "Last Added" and "Last Viewed". If I play the video through any of these folders, the subtitles won't load, but if I navigate to the Series folder, they will. This only happens with my 47LE5500 TV. I have a LG Blu-Ray Player that doesn't act like this.

Any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!
Next

Return to LG