FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple srt files

<<

Nickske00

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:13 pm

Multiple srt files

Hi guys!

I've been using Serviio for quite some time now and there is one thing I can't figure out. Does Serviio support multiple srt files? I usually download the english subs but now my mom also wants to watch something and it would be nice to have the dutch subs for her. So, I downloaded them, but it seems serviio is only sending one srt file with my mkv file?

I have a LG BH9540TW surround system that uses Serviio to access my series collection. I've had mkv's with subtitles in them in the past and when I downloaded an srt file, I could chose between the subs in the file and the subs from the srt file, so I know the system supports multiple subs.

Do I have to use special naming for the srt files? I tried 'show.en.srt' and 'show.nl.srt' but I doesn't seem to be working. I also noticed the 1.7 release has some problems with the subtitles, could this be one of them?

And one last question, does the player from the mediabrowser supports multiple subs? As far as I could see on my first tests is does not, but it could be the naming of the files that is the problem..

EDIT:
I've been reading this page, http://www.serviio.org/index.php?option ... icle&id=33 ,and if I understand correctly, Serviio is only sending one file with the stream atm? Could this be updated to inlude all found files? Or is this something to difficult?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Multiple srt files

The TV might support selecting from many str files embedded in the mkv, but it will most likely not support multiple external ones.

Serviio selects the first found based on the Language preferences in the console. So you might reshuffle the language codes to include 'nl' first.

Return to LG