FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Are any of you able to play at least HD movied over DLNA?

<<

|ZUTI|

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Are any of you able to play at least HD movied over DLNA?

Hey.

The question explains it. Are any of you able to play at least HD movies over the DLNA? For me, no, no way. ALways loading after few seconds of play time. Is this again connected to shitty DLNA implementation of LG TVS?

Cheers.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:13 pm

Re: Are any of you able to play at least HD movied over DLNA

I can to my Samsung BD-D5300 with no problems.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:32 pm

I also can on Sony Bravia 2010 EX501 and Sony BDP-S373.
What is your TV model ?
See my signature link: Provide supported formats of a device
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

djdk

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:36 am

|ZUTI| wrote:Hey.

The question explains it. Are any of you able to play at least HD movies over the DLNA? For me, no, no way. ALways loading after few seconds of play time. Is this again connected to shitty DLNA implementation of LG TVS?

Cheers.

Yes I have.
I use an 42LX650N, and any HD material works fine, 720p aswell as 1080p. After some fixing with the transcoding and subtitle support in profiles.xml I also managed to get the subtitles and audio fully functional.

No problems with the network or some firewall actions?
<<

DavidEBSmith

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:48 am

42LE5350, I get "loading" for a few seconds at the start on 1080p material but after that it plays fine. 720p sometimes get "loading" for a couple of seconds, depends what the host PC is doing.

1080p would not play fine over G wireless - it would halt every few seconds to catch up. Now I'm using HomePlug AV power line networking and it works fine. Note that this TV does not need transcoding for much of anything except FLV files.
<<

|ZUTI|

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Good to hear this. I have 47LE5500. Video is just fine with this very nice application. Also subs work OK with BD LG profile. So, no complaints here, really. But as soon as I start playing video content from my server that has a bit high bit-rate, I am only looking at loading problems. As soon as I get my laptop back, I'll try to stream from it as it is a dual core CPU. My server machine is Conroe-L@1.7Ghz (single core C2D CPU :D) with 2GB ram on some Intel mATX board with integrated graphics and completely gigabit network (server to pcs is nice and fast, about 60MB/s). So I was really curious why the streaming of higher resolution movies was posing problems for my TV.

So, I'll put my hopes that the PC is the bottleneck here and as soon as I get that laptop back, I'll try that :D Or the next step would be to check the LAN cable.

Thanks.

And for the buck that I had to pay for this TV... absolutely amazing stuff. Despite this little problem :D

Return to LG