FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FLAC with LG BD590

<<

ender1962

Serviio newbie

Posts: 4

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 am

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:33 am

FLAC with LG BD590

I'm new here so forgive me if this is a redundant question. I have an LG BD590 which sees Serviio just fine. I have 5.2 installed and have transcoding activated and the LG profile assogned to the BD590 but FLAC files still come up as unsupported. What am I doing wrong?
<<

Cerberus

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4116

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Location: Reading, UK

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:10 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

ender1962 wrote:I'm new here so forgive me if this is a redundant question. I have an LG BD590 which sees Serviio just fine. I have 5.2 installed and have transcoding activated and the LG profile assogned to the BD590 but FLAC files still come up as unsupported. What am I doing wrong?


you will need to add this to the LG profile in the profiles.xml file as the LG wont play flac natively so it has to be transcoded :)

  Code:
<Audio targetContainer="mp3">
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Illico

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4649

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 am

Location: France

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:38 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

Try this, is better...
<Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>

If LG support LPCM audio, source file will be transcoded lossless.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

Cerberus

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4116

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Location: Reading, UK

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:56 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

Illico wrote:Try this, is better...
<Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>

If LG support LPCM audio, source file will be transcoded lossless.


i didnt think it did but have to admit i didnt check :oops:
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Illico

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4649

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 am

Location: France

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:14 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

it does, see DLNA certification
Image : JPEG_SM
Audio : LPCM
Video : MPEG_PS_NTSC, MPEG_PS_PAL, MPEG_TS_SD_EU, MPEG_TS_SD_EU_ISO, MPEG_TS_SD_EU_T, MPEG_TS_SD_NA, MPEG_TS_SD_NA_ISO, MPEG_TS_SD_NA_T
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

Illico

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4649

Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 am

Location: France

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

Zip, we could add this link into HOWTO: Provide supported formats of a device section
With the DLNA "Product Search" function, discovering the interoperability of your DLNA Certified products.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

ender1962

Serviio newbie

Posts: 4

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 am

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

I must still be doing something wrong. I still get an unsupported message. My profile now looks like this:

<Profile id="8" name="LG BD player" extendsProfileId="1">
<SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
<Transcoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3">
<Matches container="matroska" aCodec="ac3" />
</Video>
<Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>
</Transcoding>

Have I screwed up somewhere? I'm going to need to customize profile for a Sony BDP-BX57 as well soon, so I'd like to get it down with the LG for experience sake.

Thanks.
<<

Cerberus

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4116

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Location: Reading, UK

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

ender1962 wrote:I must still be doing something wrong. I still get an unsupported message. My profile now looks like this:

<Profile id="8" name="LG BD player" extendsProfileId="1">
<SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
<Transcoding>
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="mp3">
<Matches container="matroska" aCodec="ac3" />
</Video>
<Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
<Matches container="flac" />
<Matches container="ogg" />
</Audio>
</Transcoding>

Have I screwed up somewhere? I'm going to need to customize profile for a Sony BDP-BX57 as well soon, so I'd like to get it down with the LG for experience sake.

Thanks.


Did you restart both the serviio console and server after you made the changes ??
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

ender1962

Serviio newbie

Posts: 4

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 am

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:04 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

I restarted my computer, just to be on the safe side. Still no go.
<<

ender1962

Serviio newbie

Posts: 4

Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 am

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:15 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

OK. I did a hard shut down of the PC rather than re-boot and now I'm good. Thanks everybody for your help. I'm learning.
<<

Cerberus

User avatar

DLNA master

Posts: 4116

Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:20 pm

Location: Reading, UK

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:16 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

ender1962 wrote:OK. I did a hard shut down of the PC rather than re-boot and now I'm good. Thanks everybody for your help. I'm learning.


yep me too mate always good to learn new things :)
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Davidtwotrees

Serviio newbie

Posts: 1

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:12 am

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:31 am

Re: FLAC with LG BD590

wrote............."add this to the LG profile in the profiles.xml file "
Can you give me more details to do this?
How do I get into the profiles.xml file?
I bought the LG BD590 not realizing it didn't do FLAC.
I have almost no programming skills....I took Fortran4 in 1979. :oops:
So dumb it down please. Great community by the way.
Thanks in advance.

Return to LG

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.