FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

47LW550T

<<

Alex Atkin UK

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:21 pm

47LW550T

My TV reports itself as MediaRenderer so defaults to "Generic DLNA profile". For the most part this is fine as the LG profile doesn't do anything interesting, but I was trying to test enabling transcoding in the LG profile to see if it would work but it seems to keep reverting back to Generic. I think it may only happen when serviio is restarted but its really annoying.

I have also added my TV to the Wiki (added the whole range as they use the same firmware so should be identical) as while I have heard the older models do not support transcoding, I am hoping this being a 2011 model it may be improved on older models. For starters media renderer support is new.

Speaking of, is there any way I can get information about if it supports transcoding or not via Device Spy?
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Re: 47LW550T

First, try to play with "Generic Profile". If format is supported then file is delivered in native format.
If format not supported a specific profile definition is needed, then please provide information about this media file (see signature links, "ffmpeg -i <file>" result, or MediaInfo tools result in text format), we will help you to create a specific LG 2011 profile.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:32 pm

Alex Atkin UK wrote:It always chooses Default profile and most things play that way. In fact I am having problems trying to get it to switch to the LG profile, it keeps switching back to Default every time I click Save.

For profile autodetection, we need some information:
with INTEL Device Spy tool, please select your device, right click -> Get Device XML and post result here.We are looking for following elements:
<friendlyName></friendlyName>
<manufacturer></manufacturer>
<modelName></modelName>
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
<<

Alex Atkin UK

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Updated to Serviio 0.6.1 which seems to have stopped the profile reverting, but I think I got the auto-detection working anyway.

The profile I have so far is below and I can confirm that theoretically, transcoding works.

Code:
   <Profile id="23" name="LG TV 2011" extendsProfileId="1">
      <Detection>
         <UPnPSearch>
            <FriendlyName>.*LW550.*</FriendlyName>
            <Manufacturer>LG Electronics</Manufacturer>
         </UPnPSearch>
      </Detection>
      <SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
      <Transcoding>         
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="matroska" aCodec="dca" />
         </Video>
         <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
            <Matches container="asf" />
            <Matches container="flv" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="dvvideo" />
            <!-- digital camera video formats -->
            <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
            <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mjpeg" />
         </Video>         
         <Audio targetContainer="lpcm">
            <Matches container="mp4" />
            <Matches container="flac" />
            <Matches container="ogg" />
         </Audio>         
      </Transcoding>
   </Profile>

Playing a FLAC file works for exactly 1 minute 34 seconds then moves on to the next track. Playing an MKV with DTS audio also correctly transcodes to AC3, but after 10 seconds or so I end up with a Loading screen indefinitely.

I have attached a snippet from the log file when playing FLAC, up to the point where the TV/Serviio gives up and moves on to the next track. Upon comparing it to a log of a working transcode to my Sony BDP-S480, nothing obvious jumps out at me.

My TVs XML I believe is attached as I'm on Linux so I obtained it from the URI mentioned in the Serviio logs for my TV, quicker than rebooting into Windows.
Attachments
serviio-logsnip.txt
Log snippet showing behaviour while trying to transcode FLAC to my TV.
(104.3 KiB) Downloaded 605 times
MediaRenderer1.xml
XML for 47LW550T
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 902 times
Last edited by Alex Atkin UK on Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:27 pm

exactly the reverting issue as i have said many times over last few months was fixed in 0.6.1

LG profile havent been touched so i dont know were your getting a LG TV 2011 profile from but provide information on your device in this topic and LG profile can be made better if possible ( LG are bad with transcoded files )

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4622
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Alex Atkin UK

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:36 pm

I just used the base of the LG profile then took bits from the Sony Blu-ray profile, basically guessing. :twisted:
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Alex Atkin UK wrote:I just used the base of the LG profile then took bits from the Sony Blu-ray profile.

wait for people to supply enough sink information report and then an offical profile will be made for LG devices, if we have to many different profiles floating about it will be impossibel for us to support teh devices as we will have no idea what profile is being used.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Alex Atkin UK

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 am

I undertand your reasoning support wise, but if in 6 months time there is STILL no LG profile and I hadn't bothered to try creating my own I would be VERY annoyed at you wondering if I could have got it working in the meantime.

Fair enough if you do not want the profile posting in the public forum, just say that, but telling me to just sit back and hope the problem goes away is incredibly unhelpful.

If I just "sat back and hoped it got fixed" I would have assumed Serviio sucked because the official Sony Blu-ray profile has NEVER worked on my BDP-S370 or BDP-S480 unless I disabled the MKV transcoding (which I might add it tells you how to do in the profile). Also even if it DID work, it transcodes DTS into AC3 which is silly when my players are on Ethernet so the reasons for transcoding MKV at all are mitigated and I can happily play in native mode with DTS working.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:09 pm

Good job Alex, if all other LG users are happy with your profile, Zip could probably add to the next release.
Illico
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Alex Atkin UK wrote:I undertand your reasoning support wise, but if in 6 months time there is STILL no LG profile and I hadn't bothered to try creating my own I would be VERY annoyed at you wondering if I could have got it working in the meantime.

Fair enough if you do not want the profile posting in the public forum, just say that, but telling me to just sit back and hope the problem goes away is incredibly unhelpful.

If I just "sat back and hoped it got fixed" I would have assumed Serviio sucked because the official Sony Blu-ray profile has NEVER worked on my BDP-S370 or BDP-S480 unless I disabled the MKV transcoding (which I might add it tells you how to do in the profile). Also even if it DID work, it transcodes DTS into AC3 which is silly when my players are on Ethernet so the reasons for transcoding MKV at all are mitigated and I can happily play in native mode with DTS working.

that not what i told you to do is it, if the users of the device dont provide information on them we have no idea what they support to make a profile so its down to the users to help us help them. well unless someone want to buy me a few LG devices then i will happily make profiles for them all.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Alex Atkin UK

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Like I said its a minimal profile for testing but the files still fail to play after a short while. I can only think that Serviio needs some sort of tweak to compensate for a bug in the TVs DLNA streaming method as I can't think of any other good reason why it would start playing then suddenly fail.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:07 pm

yer we know that LG DLNA is crap on all its device, but making serviio compensate for that would take alot of work .
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Alex Atkin UK

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:03 pm

That seems like a huge assumption, it could be something really minor - unless you have actually looked into it and shown its not.

Its clearly fixable though, eg Mezzmo 2.4.5.0 changelog "Improved: Streaming transcoded files to LG TVs no longer stops abruptly.". The catch is that being a commercial media server, they aren't likely to point out to us what the problem was. ;)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:35 am

trust me a have tried alot with another user to make LG even close to usable but everytime we come to conclusion that hes better off with a sony or samsung device.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

Alex Atkin UK

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Fair point and as I need to use the BDP-S480 for DTS audio anyway, its likely what I will do.

However even though I don't NEED to make transcoding work on my TV, I am willing to keep fighting with it if anyone working on Serviio is willing to attempt a patch to fix the problem.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:43 am

ifyou can get it tested by other users and confirmed working ZIP will add it to serviio.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

811mark

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 pm

Alex, added your profile and played a mkv with DTS on my LW650T ok for 1 hour 20 mins, it only stopped then because my Mrs demanded Eastenders was put on. lol
Mark
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Alex Atkin UK wrote:Fair point and as I need to use the BDP-S480 for DTS audio anyway, its likely what I will do.

However even though I don't NEED to make transcoding work on my TV, I am willing to keep fighting with it if anyone working on Serviio is willing to attempt a patch to fix the problem.

Enable detailed logging and the next time a video stops, please post the serviio log here.

Also please post informtion on your network. Please give model and firmware version if you can.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:35 am

811mark wrote:Alex, added your profile and played a mkv with DTS on my LW650T ok for 1 hour 20 mins, it only stopped then because my Mrs demanded Eastenders was put on. lol

@mark811 - ROFL

@alex - bugger guess i have to look closer at your profile if other seem to have it working to :(
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

<<

thebeast

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:46 am

Also added this profile and it streams fine on my LG 32LV550T. Nice work Alex, I've been trying to get past the stupid LG DTS audio issue for years... :D
Next

Return to LG