FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Subtitles not showing on LG TV

<<

Willie_Heckerslyke

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:14 pm

Subtitles not showing on LG TV

Hi all

I've been reading through posts regarding my prob but not found a solution..

I've got a PK590 TV and though my collection of mkv movies play great off my Win7x64 PC using the Generic DLNA profile, I can't get subs to show up with Serviio. They are named the same as the movies, and in srt format. I know there's nothing wrong with the srt files as they DO work in a trial version of Mezzmo I've downloaded just to see if they were OK!

I've also tried the LG BD Player profile...no good!! Bit stumped what to do now tbh as I've looked at the FAQ's and found the wikiguide to create your own profiles, but it's WAY over my head I'm afraid :?

Can anyone offer some pointers or advice please??

Many thanks if you could help me out.....
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: Subtitles not showing on LG TV

serviio provides subtitle for ALL file type if the subs are availibel but some renderers refuse them for certain file formats.

as for the profile i started building one for the BDP and TV but gave up due to extremely bad suppriot for DLNA on these devices.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

Willie_Heckerslyke

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:30 pm

Right....not sure what the upshot of all that is...but does that mean I won't be able to see subs via Serviio on TV?? Not sure how they DO appear in Mezzmo in that case... :? :?

Thanks again :)
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Willie_Heckerslyke wrote:Right....not sure what the upshot of all that is...but does that mean I won't be able to see subs via Serviio on TV?? Not sure how they DO appear in Mezzmo in that case... :? :?

Thanks again :)

mezzimo does it slightly differently and serviio cant do that until ffmpeg support it that way.
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:48 pm

The LG DB player profile should play them. Post detailed log of playing the file with this profile. If it doesn't work try it from the Folders category (as the names have extensions which might be required by the TV).

We can try to do some packet capturing later if this doesn't help.
<<

Willie_Heckerslyke

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:47 pm

hi zip

I've just enabled debugging from the method in your sig but I got a MASSIVE text file of about 10meg with references to every media file in my library!! It also sprouted a 2nd file called "serviio.log.1"

Surely I've done something wrong here...and also surely, you won't be wanting me to post the entire text file....which section do you need?

I've tried using the LG BD profile already - no good! Just returns an 'invalid file' when trying to open the movie file! Oh, and I also always just use the Folders category when browsing my Library on the TV...

Sorry to sound a bit of a numpty on this, but thanks also for your attempt to help me out.... :)
<<

MaKTaiL

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Are you trying to play them through the Movie folder generated by Metadata? Subtitles do not work on Movies for me on this folder.
I have to go to the actual folder of the movie to make subtitles to work.
<<

Willie_Heckerslyke

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:12 pm

I've added "My Movie Folder" location in the console and on the TV side, I browse Serviio>Folders>My Movie Folder but the only thing that shows in the folders (which are individually named for each movie) is the mkv movie file, even though there is also a <movie name>.srt subs file in there too.
<<

Willie_Heckerslyke

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:09 am

I downloaded Thumbgen to try, but I have tried a film I've recently converted to .mkv and put the film into a folder with the exact same name as the movie, generated the thumbsheet and now have a number of other files within the folder, a couple of jpegs (with the movie thumbnail and a wd_tv.jpeg that shows the generated info about the movie) an .nfo file and a .tgmd file of the movie name...

When I go to my TV in the other room and browse the serviio server to find the newly done film, i still just see the movie.mkv file in there - nothing else. I've also got a Sony BluRay player and that also just sees the movie file....

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again
<<

Willie_Heckerslyke

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 am

I thought about what I was doing for a sec, then realised when I start to browse the serviio server, it presents me with the dialogue box asking to view Video, Music or Pictures. When I select 'Video' and then locate my movies folder, it is then only going to look for any video format files in there - and ignore all the others!! Doh....!

So I figured I'd add my 'Movies; folder to my Pictures library in the serviio console, and then browsed 'Pictures' to find the movie-sheet in the folder I'd processed earlier with Thumbgen! I then have to switch back to browse for 'Videos' and locate the same folder and launch my movie file.

Is this the correct way to do it, or is there a better way to do things?

Thx

Return to LG