FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New LG Profile Requiring Testers. (2012 Models ONLY)

<<

chrsmrrtt

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

Re: New LG Profile Requiring Testers. (2012 Models ONLY)

Hello zip,

Thanks for that. I've attempted a number of permutations of aBitrate and aSamplerate but none have been successful.

Here is my current setup:

Code:
<Profile id="21" name="LG Smart TV (2012)" extendsProfileId="1">
  <SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>
  <Detection>
      <UPnPSearch>
        <FriendlyName>(.*LW98.*)|(.*LW65.*)|(.*LW55.*)|(.*PZ9.*)|(.*PZ57.*)|(.*LS57.*)</FriendlyName>
        <Manufacturer>LG Electronics</Manufacturer>
      </UPnPSearch>
  </Detection>
  <Transcoding>
      <!-- Transcode h264 videos with profile level > 4.1 to mpegts with ac3 audio -->
      <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" >
        <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
        <Matches container="avi" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
        <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
        <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
        <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="high" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
        <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" profile="main" levelGreaterThan="4.2" />
      </Video>
      <!-- remux unsupported audio codecs in MKV into AC3 -->
      <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" >
        <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="dca" />
        <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="flac" />
        <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="vorbis" />
        <Matches container="matroska" vCodec="h264" aCodec="truehd" />
      </Video>
      <!-- Remux WTV files to MPEG-PS with no transcoding-->
      <Video targetContainer="mpeg">
        <Matches container="wtv" />
      </Video>
      <!-- transcode unsupported video codecs into mpeg-ts, mpeg2video and ac3 audio -->
      <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3">
        <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mjpeg" />
        <Matches container="avi" vCodec="dvvideo" />
        <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="mjpeg" />
        <Matches container="asf" />
        <Matches container="flv" />
        <Matches container="ogg" />
      </Video>
      <!-- unsupported audio will be transcoded into lpcm audio -->
      <Audio targetContainer="mp3" aBitrate="192" aSamplerate="44100">
        <Matches container="flac" />
        <Matches container="ogg" />
        <Matches container="asf" />
        <Matches container="adts" />
      </Audio>
   </Transcoding>     
</Profile>

One thing I have found interesting is the effect of the sample rate setting on the resulting audio from the TV. I've taken a couple of recordings, both with a bitrate of 192 but differing samplerates; 44100 and 48000. Maybe it's just me but does the 48000 sound like it's playing at a slower speed? Could a samplerate issue be at the heart of this problem? (although my original problem was not being able to play lpcm at all - haha!)

(I apologise for the poor quality and quietness of these - they were recorded on my phone from a distance)

192kbps 44100hz

192kbps 48000hz

In addition, when setting the bitrate at 320 the TV plays a fraction of the first second worth of music before stopping and skipping to the next song, for all songs.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chris.
<<

chrsmrrtt

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:50 pm

In an extension to my previous post I've taken the a FLAC song and encoded it to 192kbps at 44100hz and added that to my serviio library. It streams without issue.

I've then triggered the FLAC to mp3 conversion via serviio with the settings set to 192kbps and 44100hz and opened up the transcoded file (in C:\Windows\Temp\Serviio) in Foobar2000. This file plays as normal.

The important point is the transcoded file also works perfectly if you add it to your serviio library and then play it on the TV. This fact convinces me that this is actually a transport or TV problem.

Thanks,
Chris.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Try the latest FFmpeg
<<

chrsmrrtt

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Hello zip,

The same result, unfortunately - garbled audio.

To confirm my methods: I visited http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ and downloaded the latest 64 bit (matching my architecture) static build, extracted the ffmpeg.exe file from the archive and copied this into the Serviio\lib folder (replacing the file of the same name already present)

Thanks,
Chris.
<<

hscalco

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi all,

as this is my first post I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for a wonderful product and a great support forum.

I'm having problems adding this profile, as soon as I add it Serviio service starts and then stops. I have triple checked to make sure the id is unique. Checking the log file I have this error:

Code:
013-03-05 23:10:30,359 ERROR [XmlUtils] XML Profiles.xsd didn't pass validation, reason: cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'SubtitlesMimeType'. One of '{ContentDirectoryMessageBuilder, Detection, ProtocolInfo, DeviceDescription, MediaFormatProfiles, ResourceTransportProtocolHandler, ContentDirectoryDefinitionFilter, H264LevelCheck, Transcoding, OnlineTranscoding, HardSubsTranscoding, AlternativeQualities, AutomaticImageRotation, LimitImageResolution, Subtitles}' is expected.
2013-03-05 23:10:30,375 ERROR [MediaServer] An unexpected error occured. Ending the application. Message: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:183)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.loadProfiles(ProfileManager.java:156)
   at org.serviio.MediaServer.main(MediaServer.java:117)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionException: Profiles XML file is not valid (according to the schema). Check the log.
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.validateXML(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:933)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfilesDefinitionParser.parseDefinition(ProfilesDefinitionParser.java:148)
   at org.serviio.profile.ProfileManager.parseProfilesFromFile(ProfileManager.java:181)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Additional info: If I remove the line "<SubtitlesMimeType>text/srt</SubtitlesMimeType>" the Serviio service starts and I can select the profile from the console
<<

zip

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:13 pm

this profile is now obsolete, the subtitles section has changed
<<

hscalco

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:35 am

Hi zip,

thanks for the quick reply unfortunately I don't understand the answer.
When you say the profile is obsolete, is there another profile I should be trying??

Thanks again
<<

hscalco

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:47 am

Maybe I can answer my own question...saw this in another post:

"the SubtitlesMimeType has been replaced by Subtitles element. Use the Subtitles element from the new profile and replace the SubtitlesMimeType element with it."

So, if I understand correctly I can simply copy the subtitles element from another profile.
Zip could you please confirm if I have uderstood it correctly.

My initial tests though show that the subtitles are working fine without the subtitle entry so I will leave it out for now, all files seem to be playing correctly.
<<

zip

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:12 pm

Yes, you're right. If you don't need it then fine too :-) I've added subtitles to the Generic profile, your profile probably just uses that and it's enough.
<<

hscalco

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:51 pm

Many many thanks again for your help and the excellent product you support so well
<<

Alexei

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:06 am

This is driving me insane... i tried to follow the guide to add new profile (this profile that you gave here), but as fast as i change the profiles.xml file server can not start again and i have to reinstall program, i cant even delete what i edited to make it work again, plz, what does my brain not comprehend... Tbh i have a LG 55LM649T but i wanted to try this profile out.
<<

extreme79

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:31 pm

R: New LG Profile Requiring Testers. (2012 Models ONLY)

Try to remove subtitles node. Change it with another from another profile.
This works for me.

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2
<<

Alexei

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:40 pm

Re: R: New LG Profile Requiring Testers. (2012 Models ONLY)

extreme79 wrote:Try to remove subtitles node. Change it with another from another profile.
This works for me.

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

Ow thank you!...
I should have read trough ALL text in this thread :( like a few posts higher up :).
Previous

Return to LG