FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic Viera 2013 Profile - Testing Required

<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:48 am

Re: Panasonic Viera 2013 Profile - Testing Required

@jirycz
Try removing this line from the Panasonic 2013 Profile. After editing profiles.xml you must restart the Serviio service (or your PC if you prefer):
    <Matches container="avi" /> <!-- Remove this line for models that natively support AVI's with Xvid video (some ST60's) -->
Using the Panasonic 2013 profile, this will then play your XVids natively while transcoding your DivX. Let me know if the aspect ratio on your DivX's is wrong... we may need a second step.

@kendublin
Not sure - your TV should be able to play this file natively. Try the Generic DLNA Profile and also try playing from a USB stick. Let me know the results.
If its only the one file, maybe re-encode it (to MP4)?
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

kendublin

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks deny all,

Generic DLNA Profile didn't work either but it will play off a USB stick which shows that the TV supports the format.

Using DLNA I get the message 'Please Wait' for about 20 seconds then 'Cannot read file' and it moves on to the next movie file on the list.

I have a lot of these mpeg files - they were created with MPEG Streamclip from recorded DVDs. I can convert to MP4 and MKV (and these do play on the TV via DLNA) but the quality is poor compared to the MPEg2s
<<

jirycz

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:50 pm

Thank you,
its much better, faster and almost all videos are ok

But still some videos are transcoded to MPEG2-TS ( at least TV shows this format ) and 16:9 aspect ratio

for example this :

General
Complete name : D:\Video\22 Vystrelu.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 701 MiB
Duration : 1h 55mn
Overall bit rate : 850 Kbps
Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
Writing library : VirtualDub build 30095/release

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 2
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
Codec ID : DX50
Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
Bit rate : 713 Kbps
Width : 616 pixels
Height : 256 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate : 24.000 fps
Original frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.188
Stream size : 588 MiB (84%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : MPEG Audio
Format version : Version 1
Format profile : Layer 3
Mode : Joint stereo
Mode extension : MS Stereo
Codec ID : 55
Codec ID/Hint : MP3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Delay relative to video : 100ms
Stream size : 106 MiB (15%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:28 am

@jirycz - yeah. I thought that might be the case.

To rectify, try changing the line (in the Panasonic 2013 profile):

<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384">
(just above the 3 lines strating <Matches container="avi") to
    <Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" DAR="16:9" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384">
These videos (ie. DivX) will still be transcoded to mpeg2 (we have to as your TV doesn't support divX) but this should fix the aspect ratio. I am however concerned as to what this will do with a DivX file with an aspect ratio of 4:3. If you have one (typically an old TV show) can you also test that and let me know.

There is also another option you could try (I haven't) which is to change the fourCC header to try and fool the TV that it is an XVid file rather than DivX. Use the AVI FourCC Code Changer tool from http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=avi4cc to change the fourCC code to XVid (you may wish to try this before making the profile changes above). If it works your DivX files will be seen as XVid and will play natively on the TV, which is always better than transcoding.

@kendublin - I don't believe your issue is profile related - I still believe your TV should support these files natively (the profile is not transcoding these files, simply allowing them to stream natively). I am wondering if this is a case of it being a "bad" mpeg encode (by "bad" I mean something that your TV doesn't like). You could try remuxing these files to a new container and seeing if that helps. Remuxing is a fast process (nearly as fast as a simple file copy) with no degradation of the video or audio.

To remux the file from a command prompt type:

ffmpeg.exe -i "/Volumes/Lemuel 2TB/Movies/Big.mpeg" -c copy -map 0 -f mpegts "/Volumes/Lemuel 2TB/Movies/Big2.mpeg"
and see whether the new file "Big2.mpeg" plays (I have also rewrapped to an mpeg2-ts container as you mentioned that these work). Give it a go and let me know, also note any errors as these may provide a hint.

FYI - just because the file plays on USB doesn't mean it will be supported over DLNA. Panasonics seem to use two distinct systems for some reason - it tends to true that if a file doesn't play on USB then it won't over DLNA, but if it does play over USB you cannot draw any conclusion one way or the other (if that makes sense).
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

jirycz

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:33 pm

I tried to edit profile as you said, but it doesnt work properly.
video 5:4 - it was 4:5 on tv i think,
video 4:3 - it was 4:3 on tv but half of picture was destroyed,
video 2.40:1 - it was too small, i had to change aspect ratio on tv, then it was ok i think

thank you for that fourCC changer, it fixed almost all videos
--------------
actually some videos are still transcoded to mpeg2-ts, even when i changed header
i dont mind if some will be transcoded (its about 10% of all videos only) but problem is that aspect ratio, any video trancoded to mpeg2-ts is changed to 16:9 ratio
Last edited by jirycz on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

kendublin

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Thanks deny all, that worked fine - no errors. I now just have to write a big batch file to convert the stuff I have. I'll have a look at my MPEG Streamclip settings for the next time I do a conversion.

Thanks for all your help and the prompt responses
<<

jirycz

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:22 pm

kendublin try this: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3417 ... ideo-tasks
its GUI Tool created for batch video tasks,
i think it can help you
<<

irmantao

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi, All,

Then I apply this problem it solves some problems (ST60) regarding SOPCAST+NO Sound. BUT I experienced other problem. After one day Serviio cant't start (Cannot connect to Serviio server...). The problem is that service is not running. And I cant get it run nor with task manager nor msconfig or any other way. Then I reinstall Serviio it solves problem but again no sound when streaming sopcast.
<<

chpyeung

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:50 am

Just want to report that my ET60H support decoding DTS-HD, so I suggest to comment out the line to transcode MKV with DTS-HD.
<<

seduction3

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Hi Deny!
I bought a Pana Viera p50gt60 (2013-2014) plasma, and can't play some mkv files with Serviio. Can you prepare a good profile for his TV?
thanks
Bela
Panasonic VIERA
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:56 am

Hi seduction3
Please start a new topic - the testing of the Panasonic 2013 profile is completed :D
When posting include MediaInfo details for a file you cannot play - MKV is just a container, we need to understand what video and audio codecs are being used.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

lamateur

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:40 pm

Hello the pro's

I have a Panasonic VIERA television since 2013, is that television is capable of playing .mkv files that are encoded in DTS or AC3. Currently my television tells me -NO Sound- :(

A big thank you in advance if anyone can help me solve this problem.

a+
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Please start a new topic as testing of this profile is complete.
You also need to let us know what model TV (just because it was sold in 2013 doesn't mean it was a 2013 model), what profile is being used and also post MediaInfo for a file that is playing up.
MKVs have been supported by Viera TV's since the 2011 models (even then it's not 100% - not all MKV's are equal). AC3 is supported in all models AFAIK. DTS is supported by very few models. Have a look at the spreadsheet included in this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12367&start=80#p86472
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

DarrellHix

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 am

Panasonic Viera 2013 Profile Testing Required

Im having a headache to make video works on my tv, panasonic viera TH-p42s10k via SDHC. I had try so many times using multiavchd to convert file from various type mkv,mpeg,avi to avhcd but it will display no valid file to play each time.

anyone knows multiavchd setting that works for this panasonic model?....i had try...tv/camcoder pal/ntsc....also force panasonic general avchd but nothing culd make it works.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:05 am

Please start a new topic.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Previous

Return to Panasonic