FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic Viera 2013 Profile - Testing Required

<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: Panasonic Viera 2013 Profile - Testing Required

Experience has shown that Panasonic manuals are not 100% accurate, particularly when it comes to DLNA support and also when it comes to listing all codec combinations. Firmware updates and regional differences also mean that manuals, even when once accurate, get out of date. While they provide insight into what is supported, and are used often to construct the initial profile, they do not replace sink field data and testing.

More telling in this case was your comment "The Generic DLNA profile does not present this issue". Using the Generic profile is a good test as it does not transcode any video. So the fact that the movie played in this profile tells me it is supported natively ie. it doesn't need to be transcoded (despite what the manual states). As a general rule of thumb, don't transcode unless you have to.

... hence, remove this line to tell Serviio not to transcode this video/audio combination.

ps. I know this is avoiding the issue rather than working out why the audio is not being transcoded properly (the conversion to AC3 shouldn't cause stuttering), but if it works it is a better outcome. The stuttering can have many causes, some hardware and some software related.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

cruisinforgold

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:54 am

I've included your Viera 2013 profile with the <Matches container="mp4" vCodec="h264" aCodec="lpcm" /> commented out in the Profile.

These Canon dslr *.Mov files now play properly when this profile is selected. It also solved my Ogg Vorbis file transcode problem as well.

I'll continue testing my files for this Panasonic TV.

Thanks for the help!
Panasonic TC-L55WT60; Win x64 on Asus z87 Deluxe/Quad i7-4770K: Synology DS1515+; DSM 7.0.1;10
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 am

All Users

I'd like to finalise this profile ready for inclusion in the next release of Serviio (1.4.1). This will require 2 steps:
  1. I may need to break this profile into two - one that transcodes both AVI with DivX and AVI's with XVid, and with one that transcodes only AVI's with DivX. I haven't as yet got a firm handle on which 2013 models support AVI's. Can you all please report back whether your model plays DivX files, XVid files, both or neither natively (the best way to test: change to the 2011/12 profile and test a DivX file and a XVid file).
  2. Once this is done, I will blend this with the existing 2011/12, 2011 and 2010 profiles following the inheritance rules. I will then post a complete set of Panasonic profiles (probably in a new thread).
Could you all please report back on whether your model supports the two types of AVI's (DivX and XVid). Thanks.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

eeee87

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 am

I have A 50' ST60 AND IT DOESNT PLAY ANY AVI FILES,every other format works though mp4,mkv,dts audio,ac3 etc
<<

3-50

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:38 pm

DenyAll wrote:All Users

I'd like to finalise this profile ready for inclusion in the next release of Serviio (1.4.1). This will require 2 steps:
  1. I may need to break this profile into two - one that transcodes both AVI with DivX and AVI's with XVid, and with one that transcodes only AVI's with DivX. I haven't as yet got a firm handle on which 2013 models support AVI's. Can you all please report back whether your model plays DivX files, XVid files, both or neither natively (the best way to test: change to the 2011/12 profile and test a DivX file and a XVid file).
  2. Once this is done, I will blend this with the existing 2011/12, 2011 and 2010 profiles following the inheritance rules. I will then post a complete set of Panasonic profiles (probably in a new thread).
Could you all please report back on whether your model supports the two types of AVI's (DivX and XVid). Thanks.

TX-PR50ST60, Servio 1.4, profile Panasonic Viera G/GT/DT/UT/VT(2011/2012)
file №1 - ОК
Video
Format: MPEG-4 Visual
Codec ID: XVID
Codec ID/Hint: XviD
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

file №2 - fail
Video
Format: MPEG-4 Visual
Codec ID: DX50
Codec ID/Hint: DivX 5
Writing library: DivX 6.8.5 (UTC 2009-08-20)
Last edited by 3-50 on Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Girthquake

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:16 am

Greetings!

1st of all thank you very much for this software...The reason I have registered is to try to help with the 2013 Panasonic profile.

As per this request:

First of all let me say that my panasonic model # is: TC P65 VT60 & I do not believe it supports XVID or DIVX natively

Secondly, I was running serviio under the 2011 profile pretty much problem free for a couple months, and then suddenly it stopped performing properly (wouldnt read AVI's (can't read file error) , was glitchy and unstable..etc..)

I did a quick google tonight, found this forum.....used notepad to cut/paste the OP 2013 profile into my profile.xml and BOOM......everything was working MUCH MUCH better except for 2 things....

it would not read AVI files at all....or anything labeled anything other than MPG4 or MKV......(cannot read file)

I then replaced:

Code:
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" forceInheritance="true">
         <!-- DivX: the following two lines are required for models that do not support DivX: ST60 -->
         <Matches container="avi" vCodec="mpeg4" vFourCC="div3,div4,div5,divx,dm4v,dx50" />
         <Matches container="avi" vCodec="msmpeg4" vFourCC="div3,div4,div5,divx,dm4v,dx50" />
         <Matches container="avi" vCodec="dvvideo" />

<!-- If your device does not support AVI at all, replace the above four lines with (removing the comments): -->
         <!-- Matches container="avi" /-->

with

Code:
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" forceInheritance="true">
         <Matches container="avi" />

and it will now play most AVI files correctly....but some it is still having problems with...(it reads them all...but some are distorted in audio and or video)..I also notice it labeles some files as MPG2-TS and MPG2-PS ....and some of those are a bit choppy...(every file labled as MP4 plays fine) I had a few videos that BEFORE I made the change were being labeled as other things, that now show on the server as MPG4...and all of them that now show as MPG4 work perfectly.

Also....I have zero luck with subtitles...ive tried checking and unchecking the boxes....MKV's with embedded subtitles and also SRT to no avail........I can play them with media player and /or media monkey and see the subtitles just fine (and also through the Ps3 with PMS) but for some reason they dont show up on this profile (2013). I believe they used to show up on the 2011 or 2012 profile, but I havent gone back and checked.

So is there anything you would like me to do to help ? Or is there any other testing you would like me to do with the profiles? Or with Mpeg2-ts / ps? I would be happy to do it and report back. I am a total novice at this, so forgive my ignorance..I just want to be helpful so that others can enjoy this great piece of software....

In short (TL;DR) ---> The OP's 2013 profile worked better than the 2011/2012 ones for my television on playing Mp4's, but wouldnt play AVI's at all (wouldnt even read them)....I made the recommended changes to the profile code (see above) and it works better but some AVI's are distorted a bit. Also, subtitles not showing up either externally or in an MKV file (my model is VT60)

edit: I have now found at least one .mp4 file that used to play perfectly on serviio but now won't play....weird....sigh
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:51 am

@eeee87 and 3-50: Thanks... but you can see my problem - the same TV? but different results. Perhaps its a firmware or regional issue - can you both please advise regions and firmware. Are firmwares up-to-date?

@Girthquake: For the distorted AVI's (what do you mean by distorted - stretched, pixelated, etc) we need to find something in common about them. Is it the ones that are transcoded to mpeg-ps? The only time we transcode to the PS container is when subtitles are invoked - what are your settings on the Delivery, Subtitle tab (try setting to "Only when required"). Otherwise please use MediaInfo (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4510) and try and determine if their is something common about the ones that are being distorted.

For the subtitle issue, please confirm whether they work in either the the 2011 profile first and then we should be able to work it through.

I have now found at least one .mp4 file that used to play perfectly on serviio but now won't play....weird....sigh
Please post MediaInfo for this file.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

3-50

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:15 am

DenyAll wrote:@eeee87 and 3-50: Thanks... but you can see my problem - the same TV? but different results. Perhaps its a firmware or regional issue - can you both please advise regions and firmware. Are firmwares up-to-date?

My bad.
I bought a new TV in Russia.
Model: TX-PR50ST60
Firmware version: 3.720

Sample files
Interny.01.SATRip.Divx.2010.[Riper]_cut.zip
(378.29 KiB) Downloaded 466 times

Interny.02.SATRip.XviD.2010.[Riper]_cut.zip
(367.34 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
<<

eeee87

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:54 pm

im on latest firmware and mine was bought in richmond virginia about two months ago
<<

3-50

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:42 am

eeee87 wrote:im on latest firmware and mine was bought in richmond virginia about two months ago

Can you download and check my files please?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:51 am

With the advent of the next release of Serviio into beta today, I need to finalize this profile. I have posted what I hope will be the final version in the OP.

For AVI's I have taken the conservative approach - all AVI's will be transcoded by default. Should your model support AVI's with XVid video you can remove the line :

<Matches container="avi" /> <!-- Remove this line for models that natively support AVI's with Xvid video (some ST60's) -->
Removing this line will effectively enable the three lines that follow.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

KITSOS

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:17 pm

HI again!
I have something NEW to comment that i didn’t realize before. I don’t have subs with a mpeg2-ts file. I tried both generic and 2013 profile with the same result, picture ok but no subs. I tried also to put, in the ts movie the subs with ts muxer but again the same. All the other files, mkvs and avis plays with subs ok.
Thank you
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 pm

I suspect then that subs for a ts container are not supported by your TV. You could try burning them in:

• edit the profile to add <RequiredFor container="mpegts" /> under the existing line <RequiredFor container="mp4" />
  • In Serviio console, set "Enable burned in subtitles" to "Only when required"
The should now burn in subtitles for mpegts containers (as well as for MP4 containers as was previously the case if enabled).

ps. While I have you - do MP4's play subs OK natively (without the "Enable burned in subtitles" set)? I have never had that confirmed one way or the other. Also, I am surprised they are supported for AVI files given the TV cannot play these files natively (are they being/have been burnt in)?
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

KITSOS

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:42 am

My tv is a TXP65-VT60 2013, MP4 , XVID, MKV ,TS , M2TS, all that tested and plays in generic profile or without serviio, but with no subs. Except MKVs that plays subs when they are in the container. Xvid is not a problem for me, the DivX is. When I use the 2013 profile without the "Enable burned in subtitles" all plays with no problem with ext subs except the ts as i mention in my previous message. I add the line you said and checked the ’’ burned in’’ and then i had many problems. The MP4s and TS with ext subs became mpeg2-ps in my tv and they didn’t play and the TS file with the subs in the container was still TS but again with no subs.
Thank you
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:35 am

Not sure why it isn't playing. Firstly, check the srt file itself - it may be corrupt (try running it through srtwiz - see http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=srtwiz). You could also try changing the container in the <HardSubsTranscoding> section from mpeg to mpegts (this is how it was at one stage, but others experienced the symptoms you now have). You may also have to add forceVTranscoding="true" to that line.

If it still doesn't work set it back the way it was, turn on detailed logging and capture the invoked ffmpeg command and any errors that occur when you try to play the file. When you have captured the command, try running it separately - that way you can monitor the ffmpeg command for any errors.

I cannot work out why external soft subs work with the 2013 profile, but not with the generic profile. I cannot see that we have changed anything that would enable this to occur. Notwithstanding, given that you can play soft subs for MP4's you should remove the line <RequiredFor container="mp4" />.

For embedded subs this is up to the TV. Clearly it can play embedded subs for MKV's (and perhaps for MP4's??) but that's likely it. You could get Serviio to extract the embedded subs from your mpegts file, but then it would also do it from your MKV's so this is probably a backward step. I'm afraid you will need to live without embedded subs in a mpegts file - you can always extract them using ffmpeg or other tools (assuming we do get it working as a burned-in sub).
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Testing of this profile has been complete. This profile is now included with Serviio version 1.4.1 and later.

Thank you to everyone that assisted with testing.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

jirycz

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:48 pm

hi, i have problem with this profile, some avi files are transcoded to different aspect ratio.
I have latest serviio 1.4.1.2, when i try profile panasonic 2011/12 its ok
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:23 am

Please post MediaInfo detail for the AVI file causing issues. What model TV have you got?

Did you use the profile from this thread or the 2013 profile that is now packaged with the Serviio release?
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

jirycz

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:47 am

I use latest profile (now packed - serviio 1.4.1.2)
OS Win Vista 32 fresh installation
TV Panasonic TX-L42FT60B
Profile: Panasonic 2013

every transcoded video is changed to 16:9 ratio
aspect ratio is ok when i try profile Panasonic 2011/12, but i can't play DivX

media info:

General
Complete name : X:\MOVIES\Zkrat CZ DABING NOVINKA 2012.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 1.49 GiB
Duration : 1h 32mn
Overall bit rate : 2 299 Kbps
Movie name : Íîęŕóň /Haywire (2011) BDRip
Director : Sky™
Genre : Action/Thriller
Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2540/release
Copyright : http://hqclub.net
Comment : R.G.HQCLUB

Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 1
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Bit rate : 1 841 Kbps
Width : 720 pixels
Height : 304 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.35:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.351
Stream size : 1.19 GiB (80%)
Writing library : XviD 72

Audio
ID : 1
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension : CM (complete main)
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : 2000
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 448 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 297 MiB (19%)
Alignment : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms
Last edited by jirycz on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

kendublin

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm having a problem with my Panasonic Viera with this profile
TV : Panasonic Viera TX-L32E6B
Serviio version 1.4.1.2
Profile : Panasonic Viera (2013)

I am trying to play a large video file (2,77GB) called Big.mpeg. It shows up on my TV as MPEG2 PS.
I see a ‘waiting’ message and nothing happens . I can play MP4 files and MPEG TS files OK.

This is the output of ffmpeg for the file -

ffmpeg version N-54096-ge41bf19 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Jun 18 2013 11:47:55 with gcc 4.0.1 (GCC) (Apple Inc. build 5493)
configuration: --enable-static --disable-shared --disable-ffplay --disable-ffserver --enable-libmp3lame --enable-librtmp --enable-libfreetype --enable-fontconfig --enable-libass --enable-pthreads --enable-libx264 --enable-gpl --disable-mmx --extra-ldflags=-L/Users/MacAdmin/Desktop/build/target/lib --extra-cflags=-I/Users/MacAdmin/Desktop/build/target/include --extra-libs='-lpolarssl -lfreetype -lexpat -liconv'
libavutil 52. 37.101 / 52. 37.101
libavcodec 55. 16.100 / 55. 16.100
libavformat 55. 9.100 / 55. 9.100
libavdevice 55. 2.100 / 55. 2.100
libavfilter 3. 77.101 / 3. 77.101
libswscale 2. 3.100 / 2. 3.100
libswresample 0. 17.102 / 0. 17.102
libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
[mpeg @ 0x1bb4200] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5000000 microseconds
Input #0, mpeg, from '/Volumes/Lemuel 2TB/Movies/Big.mpeg':
Duration: 01:37:05.02, start: 0.984000, bitrate: 3802 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p, 720x576 [SAR 16:15 DAR 4:3], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 256 kb/s
At least one output file must be specified

Any suggestions?
PreviousNext

Return to Panasonic