FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Several problems when using Panasonic Viera 2011 Profile

<<

Stomp

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 pm

Several problems when using Panasonic Viera 2011 Profile

Hi. I own Panasonic TX-P55VT30 running Panasonic Viera 2013 Profile I have several problems when trying to run different video files:

How can I enable soft subtitles for all video formats? I've enabled subtitles in Serviio console and the video file and subtitles file has same name.

Aspect ratio is stretched [full-screen] for all videos. I want to set it to 16:9.

For MPEG-4 video files there's no audio.

For some of the mkv files there's strange lag after 5 secs.

Tried checking the forum, but couldn't find any answers which relate to my problems.
Last edited by Stomp on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:16 pm

Re: Several problems when using Panasonic Viera 2013 Profile

Hi Stomp. The Panasonic 2013 profile is still a work in progress so any comments are best made within that thread.

Having said that, your VT30 is a 2011 device and the better profile to use is the Panasonic Viera E/S/ST/VT (2011) profile. This will adress some of your issues:

● How can I enable soft subtitles for all video formats? I've enabled subtitles in Serviio console and the video file and subtitles file has same name.
Soft subtitles depends on your TV's capabilities. I believe (you will need to confirm) that the the VT30 supports embedded subtitles in MKV containers, but not a lot else (not sure about soft subs with MKV's). For MP4's you need to burn them in (enable Burn-in subs, Only when required).

● Aspect ratio is stretched [full-screen] for all videos. I want to set it to 16:9
Come back after you change profiles. MKVs should be played natively so should maintain aspect ratio's. We may have to modify the profile if you are having troubles with MP4's and AVI's. If still an issue, provide MediaInfo details of the troublesome file.

● For MPEG-4 video files there's no audio.
The VT30 cannot play MP4s with AAC audio natively (the 2013 profile delivers this file natively). If you use the Panasonic Viera E/S/ST/VT (2011) profile, these files will be remuxed, and the audio converted to AC-3 ie. these files will play once you select the correct profile.

● For some of the mkv files there's strange lag after 5 secs.
Not sure - come back after you change profiles if still an issue. You will need to provide MediaInfo details for the MKV's that are lagging.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

Stomp

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Changed to the Panasonic Viera E/S/ST/VT (2011) profile.

Burned in subtitles worked for .mp4 files. And I guess for .mkv files I'll need to merge them in using 'mkvmerge' which worked fine.

Aspect ratio still doesn't work for all video formats.

Audio now works.

And there's still some strange lag for some .mkv. Here's the mediainfo from those 2 files which lagged - http://hastebin.com/hikakukena.tex and http://hastebin.com/dudutirafa.tex

Another question, how can I set subtitles for 3D movies? I tried to merge them into the video file, but after that, subtitles turned out completely out of sync, they didn't even pop up in the middle of the screen.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:07 am

Aspect ratio still doesn't work for all video formats.
Common problem with the way Panasonics handle mpeg2 video (in this case transcoded video). Which formats are you having issues for? Is it only for burned in subtitles? It can be fixed, but sometimes at the cost of processing power (another words, don't go down this path if using a NAS or low powered PC).

To address this you need to edit profiles.xml located in your Serviio/config folder. You need to edit the "Panasonic Viera G/GT/DT/UT/VT (2011/2012)" profile and change the lines:

Code:
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" forceInheritance="true">
to
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" DAR="16:9" targetACodec="ac3" forceInheritance="true">
Do the same with the line <Video targetContainer="mpegts" forceInheritance="true">. This should fix them for the majority of mp4 and mkv files.

And there's still some strange lag for some .mkv.
What do you mean by lag? Is audio lagging video, or is the whole movie taking 5 seconds to start? If its the latter what type of PC are you running Serviio on?

This may be hard to diagnose. The first video contains DTS audio and should be getting remuxed by Serviio, with the audio transcoded to AC3 (the changes above will affect this file, so test again); but the second file should be simply streamed natively to your TV. Do you experience the lag if you play via USB stick?

Sorry, cannot help with the 3D subtitles (I don't use subtitles much, and don't use 3D). Search the forum though, there is a bit around on it.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Stomp

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:45 pm

Changed
  Code:
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetACodec="ac3" forceInheritance="true">
and
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" forceInheritance="true">
to
<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" DAR="16:9" targetACodec="ac3" forceInheritance="true">

No more lags on any of the movies [I was talking about that there was a lag in the video after each 5 secs], but the aspect ratio for .mp4 files with burned in subtitles didn't work.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Several problems when using Panasonic Viera 2011 Profile

I knew I'd miss one. Add:
  Code:
<HardSubsTranscoding>
   <Video targetContainer="mpeg" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" DAR="16:9" targetACodec="ac3" aBitrate="384" />
</HardSubsTranscoding>
to the "Panasonic Viera G/GT/DT/UT/VT (2011/2012)" profile just above the line <Subtitles>. Remember to restart your PC after editing.

ps. you may want to rename this thread as it ended up not really related to the 2013 profile. To do that I think you need to edit the first post and change the subject.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Stomp

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:09 pm

Great, all worked fine now, thanks. Except there's still wrong aspect ratio for this .mkv - http://hastebin.com/kotawuyava.tex

Btw, there's no need to restart pc, just restart Serviio's server.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Except there's still wrong aspect ratio for this .mkv
I only did the main MKV's and MP4's. You can do this as well by also changing the line:

<Video targetContainer="mpegts" targetVCodec="mpeg2video" targetACodec="ac3" forceInheritance="true">
    to
Test your AVI files in particular after doing this as it may have adverse effects on those.

Btw, there's no need to restart pc, just restart Serviio's server.
Yep, I know... restarting the PC is easier to explain to most people than restarting the Serviio service (a lot of people confuse restarting the service with stopping and starting the server from Serviio Console).
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Stomp

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Nope, that still didn't fix the aspect ratio for that .mkv
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:31 pm

I've lost track of which ones we've done but basically you need to make the change for any remaining transcoding blocks which contain a <Matches container="matroska" line. Hope that make sense - if not copy your profile as an attachment and I can see where we're at.
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Stomp

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 pm

I checked for <Matches container="matroska" lines and all of them contained transcoding blocks. Here, I added the profile as attachment -

Btw, shouldn't we be editing Panasonic Viera E/S/ST/VT (2011) not Panasonic Viera G/GT/DT/UT/VT (2011/2012), because in Serviio I've selected to use the 2011 model not 2011/2012.
Attachments
profiles.xml
(121.19 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Everything is covered, but I realised (now that I'm back on my main PC) that this file shouldn't be transcoded anyway. This is being presented natively to the TV - you may be able use the aspect button on the remote to fix it, and the Tv should remember the setting???

Btw, shouldn't we be editing Panasonic Viera E/S/ST/VT (2011) not Panasonic Viera G/GT/DT/UT/VT (2011/2012), because in Serviio I've selected to use the 2011 model not 2011/2012.
The 2011 profile extends the 2011/12 profile (ie. the 2011 profile is just the 2011/12 profile with a bit added. The bit only affects AVI files).
DenyAll
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
<<

Stomp

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:51 pm

No, even setting the aspect ratio on TV didn't fix it. Oh well, whatever, will play it as it is. Thank you for the help.

Return to Panasonic