FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Panasonic ET60E + WIndows 8.1 x64 + Java 7.51 Not Work

<<

pulsar.informaticks

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:29 pm

Panasonic ET60E + WIndows 8.1 x64 + Java 7.51 Not Work

Hello again.

I will comment a new problem that has arisen to me with Serviio. I try to run it on a AMD Athlon X2-270 3,4Ghz and 4Gb Ram machine with windows 8.1 x64 and Java 7 rev.51 correctly installed and verified. As a customer I´m using a Panasonic ET60E Series 2013, with the profile of Serviio "Panasonic 2013 " . I have also installed the Twonky Media Server , which works correctly. The SErviio service is apparently running as I check using "services.msc " and the server is started with the Serviio console.

The problem is that the Panasonic TV is able to detect Serviio but not shows its icon (which it does with Twonky ) and when I try to access the contents of Serviio , the TV says " Reading Files... " and after a moment gives the error "The connection to the server failed ."

Using XBMC installed on a Samsung tab 3 in 7.0, I can use Twonky normally, but cannot "see" Serviio Server.

¿Can u help me?
Thanks
Pulsar.

(18.02.2014) Edited:
I´ve installed today serviio on a windows 7 x64 machine, C2Duo, 4Gb Ram, Java 7.51 x64, without any problem; the server is seen by xbmc on a samsung tab 3 7.0, and I can play music, video and photo normally.

(21.02.2014) Edited:
I´ve uninstall Java and Serviio and reinstall both. The problem continues. Using Videolan VLC, I can use twoky, Serviio is not visible.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Panasonic TX-L42ET60E (Spain)
<<

pulsar.informaticks

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Panasonic ET60E + WIndows 8.1 x64 + Java 7.51 Not Work

I made new tests to no avail :

1. I Remove Java using JavaRa to remove any traces in the registry
2. I completely uninstall Serviio
3. I install Java 7 update 51 x64
4. I install Serviio
5. I start serviio console, I get it detects the "Panasonic Viera" and I assign the Panasonic 2011 profile to it. The profile "Panasonic 2013 " is not yet listed (of course) . Last, I add a path with multimedia (audio, video , photos)
6. Swtich on television and everything works as it should : Serviio is detected and can play movies from my computer on my TV

(Here comes trouble )

7. Using serviio console, I stop the server and then close Serviio Console
8. Stop the "serviio" service with "services.msc"
9. I modify the file "profiles.xml " adding the new profile just before the last judgment "</ Profiles >" .
10. I start the service again with "services.msc"
11. Starting the console, stop the server, change the profile to "Panasonic 2013" and save the parameter. Then I start the server.
12. The problem appears : The TV sees Serviio media server (PC- HOME01 ) but is unable to access the media giving the error " Connection to server failed"

What´s wrong? Frankly I'm tired of testing, it is possible to desist from using Serviio and go to another media server.

Thanks for reading.
Pulsar Informaticks
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:11 pm

If you switch back to the 2012 profile does it work? Note that the 2013 profile is still in its testing phase; but this is the first we've come across this issue in months of testing.

11. Starting the console, stop the server, change the profile to "Panasonic 2013" and save the parameter. Then I start the server.

You don't have to stop the server and restart it to change the profile. Maybe thats causing an issue (its a long shot). Try removing the TV from the renderer list, press save, and then turning the TV on and fire up the Media Server on the TV. The TV should be automatically detected and the Panasonic 2013 profile should then be automatically selected for you if everything is working correctly.

Although from what you have described I think you added the profile correctly but perhaps post your profiles.xml file as an attachment and we'll double check. A detailed log may also show what is happening.

...it is possible to desist from using Serviio and go to another media server.
Errr, yes, that's your choice - but why have you posted all of the above to this forum if that's your intent :? :?:
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.
<<

pulsar.informaticks

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Errr, yes, that's your choice - but why have you posted all of the above to this forum if that's your intent :? :?:

Aclaration:
So far, the only media server with which I can watch 3D movies without stoppages is Serviio. Also consider it is superior in performance to PLEX , MEZMOO or Twonky and I'd use it if I can run it. The other alternative is raspberry pi + xbmc.

Returning to the problem, I researched more thoroughly to see how the error occurred and I found this:

I have reinstalled everything. I turn off the television. Then start the console and turn on the television . Pressing the " Refresh" button, the "Panasonic Viera " device appears to me with "Panasonic 2013 " profile automatically assigned. Everything looks good : I access the contents normally until ...

Until ... I reset the computer, which is when the problem occurs again, the TV can not access the contents of Serviio . I check and see that the service is running. Return to the console and remove the line that was assigned the Panasonic TV . When I press "Refresh " Panasonic television is not detected. I have to go to "services.msc " and , although serviio is a listed service and it is "running" , I stop it and I start it again. Then I return to the console, and ¡voila! , Panasonic appears again and the server is displayed on television list of media servers.

If I close the console, and inmediatly I try to start it again , I get an error saying that the server is not running. Again I open "services.msc" and serviio service is still running. I stop and restart serviio service and then I can start the console and again without errors and serviio is "seen" from the television set.

It seems a serviio service start on Windows 8.1 x64, Isn´t it?
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:53 am

There have been reports for x64 systems that suggest both 32 and 64 bit versions of Java must be installed. You could try that (search the forum - there are suggestions it has to be installed in a particular order).

Post (as an attachment) a detailed log of you going through the steps above, that may shed some light on what is happening.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Panasonic